Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Maine jeepers

5074 Views 21 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  AllanR
Just wondering, how many members on here live/wheel in Maine?
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,700 Posts
live in RI, have a house in rangeley. got the jeep up there for the first time last summer.
logging roads was about it.

· Registered
224 Posts
I live in the Bangor area. Check out our local club PV4WD.com

We have members all over the state but primarily in the middle of the state.

Other Maine Jeep clubs:

Western Maine Mtn Jeepers (they put on the Jeep Jamboree here)
Maine4x4 (not sure if its .com or .org)

· Registered
1,700 Posts
id love to do the maine jamboree..... but not alot of info on it. like actual things that go on.
jeep beach daytona is worse.... but headed there next month. we shall see

· Registered
224 Posts
they have a great selection of trails at the Maine Jeep Jamboree for all levels. This one sells out in like an hour though so you have to be online as soon they go on sale. The Bethel Inn where it is HQ'd is very expensive but convenient. There are many other Inn's and a few motels in town that are good. If you're single and cheap there is a hostel right across the street from the Bethel Inn for something like $30 a night.

· Registered
1,700 Posts
how about rv parking?

· Registered
1,700 Posts
yea, it is... have you been before? id love to hear more about the weekend and what goes on exactly before i commit to the 750.

· Premium Member
26,505 Posts
yea, it is... have you been before? id love to hear more about the weekend and what goes on exactly before i commit to the 750.
Did you note the prior comment about how fast it sells out? You won't be committing to anything for at least 8 months. To get Maine Jamboree (or Killington or Catskills) you have to stay up and book at 12:01AM on Dec. 1st when reigstration open. It will sell out within an hour or two. The Maine Jamboree is well worth the money.

· Registered
1,700 Posts
Did you note the prior comment about how fast it sells out? You won't be committing to anything for at least 8 months. To get Maine Jamboree (or Killington or Catskills) you have to stay up and book at 12:01AM on Dec. 1st when reigstration open. It will sell out within an hour or two. The Maine Jamboree is well worth the money.
um yea, i caught that.... and knew it before hand. still i ask. wont be going this year obviously, but thinking maybe the following year. it wont be the first event ill attend after waiting for that precise moment between not on sale and sold out. :cheers2:
on another note, registered for jeep beach daytona this morning. we will see what thats all about.

· Registered
224 Posts
The wheeling at all Jamborees is good. That being said the Jamborees I've been on also share a downside.......waiting. And waiting, and waiting and waiting. The Maine Jamboree certainly has its share. Its the nature of wheeling in groups of 20 vehicles with drivers of varying experience. And with the exception of last year I cant remember any recent years that it hasnt rained at some point on the weekend of the Jamboree. Sure it makes the wheeling more interesting, but dress appropriately. Mud boots and a slicker.

· Registered
67 Posts
Hello, don't know how else to reach out to you. We do not have many jeep/offroad clubs here in maine. So I'm thinking of starting and promoting a jeep club to show support for maine's offroad scene. I like the name MAINElyJeeps. My other idea was 207Jeeps. Eventually it would be nice to see keepers across the state have a sticker to show this state pride. What do you think?

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dan, I added you on instagram the other night haha -- @weekendrigs, personal account is csalev3 (same as here) maineac4 has my cell number, I'd love to get involved in forming a group/club, shoot me a text

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.