Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
2401 - 2410 of 2410 Posts

·
Administrator
21,346 Posts
A new yoke and centering ball is about $92 + tax. last time I bought a new one (Spicer) it was maybe $45. The rebuild kit is $30 and it's a Spicer part. I thought it would be simple but alas...it's not. I may try putting bead on it.
This is not a bad deal since the joints run $15-$20

·
Administrator
21,346 Posts
Went riding with Greg and Ash and some other fine folks at Table Mesa today.

Upon riding for a bit I found out all my spring u-bolts where finger loose. I need to lengthen my drag link and fill up my PS reservoir. I also puked some engine oil out of the air box opening and onto the frame. I really need a new motor. My new springs performed well and are much more stable. My PSC steering box is tight and I don’t feel like I’m going to fly off the interstate and roll 5 times.

Some other issues: Leaking t-case, need to put an exhaust hanger in somewhere.

Finally, I bought a weboost signal booster for riding out where I don’t get coverage. I went from no bars to 2 and LTE. Pleased with the purchase.

Of course, I have no photos of my jeep on this right ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really need to get over to AZ for some wheeling. Isn't Satui the winery with a deli on site? I liked that one

·
Premium Member
3,902 Posts
There is nothing wrong with sticking with a 4.0L. They are a fine and reliable motor. Honestly, it is the only one that makes any sense for you. Your logic and reasoning are spot on.

@jbolty: knowing what I do now I think I would go with 4.3 V6 mated to a 700r4 transmission. they are very available, fairly light and plenty of power.
I hope you are correct. That combo is my choice for my 94 build. I will then have a 4.2L (87) and a 4.3L (94) Jeep. I am pretty confident that I will be happy with that combo. I have driven many 4.3L vehicles including full size cars, S-10s, Astros, and full size pickups running 4.3L engines. They go down the road alright and my Jeep is lighter than most of them. I am sure that there will be the occasion though where I would prefer an LS motor, more so the 6.0 than the 5.3. . Like driving on the street to or from work where it would be just to much fun to dust somebody stop light to stop light who thinks that they are all that and a bag of chips. Kinda take me back to my days when I had my 68 Mustang and one of the few butt kickings I took in that car and definitely the worst butt kicking it ever took was by a full sized Chevy long box 4x4 that was lifted very high and on mudders. It was never a race and he left that stop light fair and square. A really fast Jeep would be fun but it would be out of revenge for how bad that day against that truck stuck with me forever.

Reactions: RockWoRM

·
Premium Member
9,780 Posts
bought a weboost signal booster for riding out where I don’t get coverage. I went from no bars to 2 and LTE
Would be willing to elaborate on this?
I need to buy one so I have internet at home (for work; I can surf on my phone fine, the employer’s new updated sales software won’t work at 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 bars.
I have to do something.

Is your carrier AT&T or another?

I just don’t want to drop$300 or $500 and have no usefulness.

·
Registered
12,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,405 ·
So my cell booster is a weBoost for just a vehicle:

So, I wasn't trying to have full bars and work remotely in the desert. My goal was to have the ability to send my wife a text or call if I needed help (yes I ride with others, but if they don't have signal it's moot) and at least let her know my status. When I go riding at Table Mesa or go up into the hills, my signal is zilch. With this device, I was getting 2 bars with LTE and that's what I was looking for. With this setup, there is a lot of wires: 12V plug, magnetic antenna, cell booster that gets power and antenna and finally the cradle that holds your phone. But if you spend time setting it up, it could be done cleaner. But if you're me and you pull it all out of the box on the trail and set it up in your jeep...it's not pretty.

However, I have a co-worker who is an electrical inspector that routinely is up in the mountains on high voltage transmission lines with no cell towers for miles and miles. He has a booster that allows him to actually work and teather his laptop. I'm waiting for him to let me know what he's using and I'll report back.

As for a jeep update, I drained the coolant, removed the rear driveshaft and plan to take out the rest of the drivetrain, then the radiator, fan, and accessories.

Unfortunately, my budgeted monies for the engine is starting to dry up due to kids birthday party, host restoration additions, and general bills. I did try to buy the engine via paypal pay and Autozone didn't accept it. I was hoping to do an interest free payment plan but it didn't work. I am still going to buy the engine, just haven't done it yet.

·
Premium Member
9,780 Posts
With this device, I was getting 2 bars with LTE and that's what I was looking for.
At ‘home’ which is sorta off grid I got a cheapo made-up name chinese booster with yagi-antenna for like $175 and very well it works.

Weboost should be great quality as it’s Wilson.

·
Registered
12,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,407 ·
Will this 4.0L work for my YJ?

·
Registered
12,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,410 ·
Got these guys out today.

Next is the AX-15. Just need to take the top two bolts out and unhook the backup switch. Then it’s just playing jenga with the jack.

2401 - 2410 of 2410 Posts