Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
2321 - 2340 of 2410 Posts

·
Registered
12,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,323 ·
So I'm thinking about the rear leaf springs and if I want to go with Deaver or with RE's SOA springs. While I know Deaver will be custom and quality, I also know I will only use my YJ for an occasional ride here and there. I also have a steering box, master cylinder and engine to replace. While I want quality, I am weighing the pros and cons of spending extra cash on something I won't use frequently. The downside to the RE SOA springs is how tall they are. I know they will settle but it will be higher. The plus side is I has to install 2 degree shims due to the sag before Moab, so I'm confident I won't need those anymore.

Pic of my pass side spring. It's actually in an S shape now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,293 Posts
So I'm thinking about the rear leaf springs and if I want to go with Deaver or with RE's SOA springs. While I know Deaver will be custom and quality, I also know I will only use my YJ for an occasional ride here and there. I also have a steering box, master cylinder and engine to replace. While I want quality, I am weighing the pros and cons of spending extra cash on something I won't use frequently. The downside to the RE SOA springs is how tall they are. I know they will settle but it will be higher. The plus side is I has to install 2 degree shims due to the sag before Moab, so I'm confident I won't need those anymore.

Pic of my pass side spring. It's actually in an S shape now.

I dont work for RE...

But @JeeperDon has had his RE SOA springs for over a decade (i believe he MAY have just finally had to replace a cracked spring he didn't even know was cracked).

I would save the $$$ for everything else you kinda need right now... maybe Don will chime in here

·
Registered
12,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,327 ·
I could. I know AZdEvilYJ just put some on his YJ. I'm banking on my jeep being down for a while so I don't necessarily need it. It's just nice having a third vehicle just in case. I may wait until bonus time for the motor and try to get the steering and springs before then.

·
Registered
12,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,329 ·
Good call.

I also think I’ll just get a new steering box from Napa or somewhere and give them my faulty OfferUp one as a core. That will leave Me with my OEM I can have rebuilt, drilled and tapped as needed. I don’t need hydro assist just yet…but I’ll keep my options open.

2321 - 2340 of 2410 Posts