Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,247 Posts
The_Goob said:
I have the bds 3.5 they flex pretty well but I also get that limited feeling at times, especially in the rear. I dont know if it will give you that much of an improvement. SUA really shines at stuffing tire but feels like the droop is lacking. I have read about some people that move the spring hangers an inch or so to make a better shackle angle and that can open up a little more room to droop. I doubt I will change mine but if I ever build another one it will be SOA
Pretty much what goob said. I have the RE springs and while they do great, the droop on sua will always be limited as they don't unload to well compared to coils or ever SOA. Sua will always result in lifting tires before most other setups. Makes for cool pics, but gets annoying and tippy in the constant switchback washouts.

I felt the 1" longer shackles I had vs the stock length booms I have now helped a lot with the total flex I had. I plan on going back to a 1" lift boom.

SOA will probably be the best option overall for flex, ride quality, and ease of swap since you've got most of what is needed already done.

·
Premium Member
8,247 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,247 Posts
bgredjeep said:
I highly recommend a Solid diff cover when you get to that point. Great price, and I've beat the cap out of them for several years with no issues.
I've beat my solid cover pretty hard too, all the bottom ribs are busted but no signs of loss of strength or peeling from the bottom. Not too shabby for $80

·
Premium Member
8,247 Posts
Louie4 said:
Got some full steel doors today. I have been tired of my uppers flapping so much in the wind. Now I just need to figure out a color. They are white and my jeep in forest green, the Sahara color. Any suggestions? It's doubtful I can get a green to be close in color.
I rocked mine white for a while, and have had a terrible time finding a matching green (even expensive custom mixed I have now are more like your green, not my moss green). My favorite so far was satin black i rocked in Moab 2013 trip to match my corners and sliders

·
Premium Member
8,247 Posts
Louie4 said:
Well I bought the Ruff Stuff axle swap kit for the 8.8 and it's quite beefy. I got the 20% off due to tax season which was a good deal. I also started to wire wheel the spring leafs last night and figured out the PO cut the spring clamps and rivets out. So now I need to decide if I should find different springs for my rear SOA application or buy rivets and clamps.
Can you reuse the ones from your current pack? IIRC I think you can do nuts and bolts instead of the rivets?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts