Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Looking for suggestions for high current bulckhead connections

522 8
Looking for suggestions on how to pass #8 welding cable through rear for 3 point hitch.
do they make a high current plug for something like that?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior

Wasn’t a problem with no top but now I’m thinking of putting the hardtop back on for the winter.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Check with a welding supply store. There used to be a bayonet type connector to lengthen welding cables. May be hard to find now as not as many folks stick weld any more.

·
Registered
10,905 Posts

·
Premium Member
1984 Jeep CJ-7 Renegade
10,298 Posts
I'd take the $9.00 Anderson connector over the $92.00 NATO connector any day of the week. And you would need to purchase at least two of those NATO type versions. $$$

·
Super Moderator
24,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I ended up buying the Anderson Bulkhead connector and a bunch of weather proof protective jackets I didn't even know they made for the Anderson connector.

\

WARNING !! Be careful clicking on links that Fourtrail post. You end up finding/buying things you didn't know you needed. :D

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
My deceased Ranger Buddy was from Pennsylvania had obtained quick connects used on the electric forklift chargers and

Rigged one end to his battery and the other end on the front of the Jeep. The connector had a protective cover captured with

a lanyard.

He said it was perfect up there in Yankeeland to jump out with his long jumper cables and plug them in without worrying about

POS and NEG or opening his hood or having a good connection to the battery (on his end).

I've thought about doing the same thing too, drawback being the inability to loaner to another vehicle.

I have pondered this too.....

A second half to the jumper cables!

A short set with a connector that would convert the Jumpers, back into a full set!

Yes, just like a Ranger Rucksack, you can fit that "one more" item in there, and it will

not increase the carry weight!

Then again, this set up would prevent folks from borrowing/ tearing up/ never returning your cables,

If they did not have a quick connect themselves!

------JEEPFELLER

1 - 9 of 9 Posts