Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Got the girlfriend to help out with the heater box! She redid all the foam for me. I got the whole dash assembled and wired after the box was rebuild. I did have to weld new studs to the heater box, as I must have snapped all of them while removing it. Shouldn't break the B7 rod I put in!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I am moving states in January, so there is a little bit of a time crunch. I have been assembling a=parts to make the move easier. I also got the CJ tailgate mounted, the fenders, hood and grill. Bonus, i once again checked the tires so I can imagine what they'll look like mounted up.

·
I miss the snow...
5,652 Posts
Got the girlfriend to help out with the heater box! She redid all the foam for me. I got the whole dash assembled and wired after the box was rebuild. I did have to weld new studs to the heater box, as I must have snapped all of them while removing it. Shouldn't break the B7 rod I put in!
Oh man, marry that one!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
So some more updates, as its been a crazy 2 months. In January I moved to SC, so i tried finishing up as much as I could on the YJ. I got it out of the garage, only for it to snow the next day.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I did manage to get the Dana 300 and shifters in, but did not get the 4:1 installed yet.

I also have come to the realization that I will at some point need to clearance my gas tank for the pig

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Anyways, I had to move in January, and I couldn't bring the YJ with me just yet. I am trying to get it down here to keep working on it sometime either this month or in April. I live in an apartment complex now, so I'm thinking working out of a storage unit for everything but the welding. As soon as its here and done i would love to go to Uwharrrie, as I'm only an hour and a half away now. Will keep this updated as soon as I get it moved!

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Anyways, I had to move in January, and I couldn't bring the YJ with me just yet. I am trying to get it down here to keep working on it sometime either this month or in April. I live in an apartment complex now, so I'm thinking working out of a storage unit for everything but the welding. As soon as its here and done i would love to go to Uwharrrie, as I'm only an hour and a half away now. Will keep this updated as soon as I get it moved!
The Jeep is looking good! I'm about 2.5hrs from UWharrie. If you ever need/want help working on your Jeep let me know.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
The Jeep is looking good! I'm about 2.5hrs from UWharrie. If you ever need/want help working on your Jeep let me know.
Thanks! Pretty much at a standstill until get back up to CT, but good to know there's help around! I would like do the easy Uwharrie trails in my Tacoma daily sometime after they open in April too!

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Thanks! Pretty much at a standstill until get back up to CT, but good to know there's help around! I would like do the easy Uwharrie trails in my Tacoma daily sometime after they open in April too!
I am hoping to have my Jeep ready by April, well at least for the easy trails. I have projects planned all summer but I can space them out. I know a few people eager to go out so once it gets closer we can hit up the trails. I'm good with doing the easy stuff first. What year of Tacoma do you have?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
So it has continued to be a busy year and work on the Jeep is slower than i anticipated. I have managed to get the Dana 300 torn down, as well as the Dana 60. I also installled a new belt and upgraded PSC power steering pump, and soldered some plugs for the transmission cooler on the new radiator.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Dana 60 teardown pics

Water got in at some point, since this will be off-road mostly I'm going to reuse these gears until I can save up to get 5.38's and a locker. Axle will get all brand new bearings

Whats peoples opinions on these spindle dust shields? Do they extend the inner seal life enough to keep them?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.