Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Forum members, i need some help with lifting my Jeep. I know I want the lift to be 2"-2.5" and 32" tires, but I am not sure what to get. I've done my research about kits and I am still unsure about some things. What are all the parts that i would need to complete this lift (I dont want a body lift), should i get a already complete kit or piece one together, and what brand of parts would you recommend to complete my lift?

Thanks for the help! :D

· Registered
418 Posts
i run V8 ZJ coils up front for 2.25" of lift, and 1.75" coil spacers in the rear with Rusty's 2" lift shocks, disc/ext sway bar links and 1.25" wheel spacers and i run 33x12.50's on the stock rims with no rubbing.

· Disturbed Jeepaholic
42,583 Posts
With a 2" lift you can get away with a BB or springs and shocks.I ran a 2.25" BB with 31's, years ago.It needed nothing else.Zone,BDS or OME if you want to spend some more cash.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was leaning on an OME setup, because all i've read are good reviews on them. But i dont want to "get away" with anything. I want to upgrade all parts necessary to complete this lift in order to avoid headaches in the future.

· Disturbed Jeepaholic
42,583 Posts
I was leaning on an OME setup, because all i've read are good reviews on them. But i dont want to "get away" with anything. I want to upgrade all parts necessary to complete this lift in order to avoid headaches in the future.
A 2" lift really doesn't require much.

· Registered
94 Posts
Oh so i only need springs, coils and a rear track bar relocation bracket?
Springs and coils are the same thing. Coil springs, shocks, rear track bar bracket and maybe some bump stops should do it. BDS if I recall is the cheapest for coils and shocks and performs well.

· Registered
4,506 Posts
OME is not "getting away" with anything. It's a solid, proven product that offers a long lasting quality ride (as good as or better than stock) on road and off and will last for years to come. Just be sure to get the proper springs for your setup.

· Registered
67 Posts
I know you said you don't want a BB but if your tight on money you should consider. Just to give you an idea I got 2 inch coil spring spacers and I also got rear shock brackets for around $100. Had it on for about 4-5 months now and im loving it, and it only took me and a buddy about 2 hours to install, Including to stop for a few beers.

· Registered
2002 WJ 4.7
2,604 Posts
go to the junkyard, find an XJ/TJ/LJ/ZJ with lift coils or a V8 ZJ and take those front coils, most junkyard clerks dont know the difference between a lift coil and a stock one so price will stay low. as for the rear you might have to buy new its pretty hard to find rear lift coils in the junkyard in my area.

However with a junkyard lift you never know exactly how much lift you will get.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.