Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
301 - 320 of 352 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
2011 GC
2015 Passport GT2400BH
2400BH Shipping Weight 4730. Carrying Capacity 2070. Hitch 515. Length 27' 10" Height 10' 7"

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
I built this utility trailer for hauling home Jeep parts (and other stuff) ...

... and I have this one that I am converting into a expedition trailer for camping.

A trailer for each Jeep!

·
I Like to Camp
8,452 Posts
I've shown my trailer in this thread before, but not with the RTT on it. Here is camping last Sept. in Utah. The RTT is awesome!

·
Registered
987 Posts

·
FLY NAVY
838 Posts
I saw that orange jeep being towed through jblm on i5, very clean! Looks like you got it out of state?
Yup! I moved to OK. Unfortunately Oregon did this thanks to using gravel instead of salt:

So it looks like I'll be respraying the front end

·
I Like to Camp
8,452 Posts
Yup! I moved to OK. Unfortunately Oregon did this thanks to using gravel instead of salt:

So it looks like I'll be respraying the front end
Oh yeah! I grew up in CO back before they used salt and just threw down some gravel at intersections. The front of cars were always chipped up so I was repainting hoods every few years.

Now I'm in the midwest, or the rust belt where the roads are white from salt all winter, and I'm not sure which is worse?! :eek:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cheers Richard! Think you need to know something about boats if recognizing a boat from 1982 ;) Here's some (not updated for long time) build thread if youre interested:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/...der-26-restoration-outboard-conversion-4.html

At fist we bought her bcause of our lazy winters (we're a "boatshop/outboard dealer") and we thought "2-3 months and we have it on water"... yeah, iit's been over a year now and still doing some finishing jobs ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
My diesel wouldn"t start and I wanted to bring my Taco back to the house so I had to improvise. It was only a 15 mile trip but it pulled it alot better than I expected. Probably should have run my load bars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have towed this for a couple of years. One running 33s an 3.73s, one running 35s and 3.73s, and now with 35s and 4.56s. Although it pulls better now, it wasn't terrible with 3.73s. It is under the towing capacity (~3000 lb) and we are using a weight distributing hitch (that helps a lot).

Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle Tire

301 - 320 of 352 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.