Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
3541 - 3556 of 3556 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
1978 CJ7 Golden Eagle

Original Hinkles Jeep from Pickens, SC. Has never left SC. Only 52K miles. 304 engine. Thinking about installing a fuel injection system. Should I or shouldn't I? Will if affect the "vintage "value if I do?

Also, someone told me that this is not the original CJ windshield because of the 2 lines on it. I have owned this vehicle since 1992 and would be totally bummed if this is true. Can anyone shed some light on this? Would it make any difference if it is a Levi edition?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
Yes, you have a YJ Wrangler windshield frame. The two raised lines (bead flanges) are something Chrysler did to strengthen the inherently weak CJ-7 Jeep windshield frame. It’s not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion, unless you are worried about absolute originality, but if it’s been that way since 1992, and it still works, I wouldn’t worry about it myself. It’s your Jeep, and I understand you may look at it different.

Oddly, Your wiper arms are parked on the wrong side as well, and that’s definitely something I would fix.

I’ll post a couple pictures of my Jeep, one close up shot, and another further away and you can see the difference.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
I think John Strenk addressed how to get the wipers to park pointing towards the passenger side in a recent post.

-----JEEPFELLER
This is where the solution is. Her arm is routed opposite of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
My '81 CJ5.....Having fun doing what a Jeep was built to do.......getting dirty :)

Attachments

3541 - 3556 of 3556 Posts