Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
10241 - 10260 of 10301 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Nice rig. Where are you in those pictures? I don't recall seeing that many palm trees in Charlotte...
We moved to South Florida back in 2017 for my job. Not the biggest fan of it here but money is nice and so is the weather! This will be my semi DD, along side my M6 GC and weekend cruiser with the family. Once we get back north, it'll take on the next step

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Any more pictures of this jeep. I love that color. What color is it?
It is copper brown metallic off of a 81 AMC CJ color chart.

This is the future driver of this LJ. From tacking in steel to wiping filler he has helped with every step of the project.

Working on the cracks in the half cab and the rear cage currently. Then we will tag it and drive it. I have some outdoor pictures of it somewhere , but its mostly a garage queen for now .

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,244 ·
It is copper brown metallic off of a 81 AMC CJ color chart.

This is the future driver of this LJ. From tacking in steel to wiping filler he has helped with every step of the project.
That looks great. I love the copper brown colors. I saw a late model Corvette a few years back that had just about the perfect copper orange color. If I ever have the need to re-paint my Rubihara I would really consider that color. Great to see your kid helping out. My kids don't take that much interest.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Back in an LJR. Feels amazing to drive this slow, clanky, simple but absolutely fabulous vehicle! After 6 hours of detailing/polishing/coating, you'd never know she has 226k on her! Have a bunch of parts for it, black magic brakes, lines, calipers, cats, exhaust, Savvy/Currie lift and Geolander MTs.

Looks sharp for 226k!
I picked mine up back in January with 176k and looks decent but not quite that good! I need to do a good detail, and I plan to replace the hood because it has a dent and typical spyder cracking in the factory clear coat but it should be good after that.
Also, don't know if you realize it, but your back passenger wheel is a different MOAB wheel than the other 3. One of my spares is the same as your other 3, and my other 4 are the same as your passenger rear.
I'll be pulling the tire and selling it eventually to have a matched set if your interested in swapping it for one that matches the other 3.

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
Looks sharp for 226k!
I picked mine up back in January with 176k and looks decent but not quite that good! I need to do a good detail, and I plan to replace the hood because it has a dent and typical spyder cracking in the factory clear coat but it should be good after that.
Also, don't know if you realize it, but your back passenger wheel is a different MOAB wheel than the other 3. One of my spares is the same as your other 3, and my other 4 are the same as your passenger rear.
I'll be pulling the tire and selling it eventually to have a matched set if your interested in swapping it for one that matches the other 3.
Man good eye! I hadn't even noticed until the other day. I have a spare which is the same as the others so I'll use that and use this as a spare. It's definitely cleaner than the others so the PO must have needed a replacement, probably a knock off

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Man good eye! I hadn't even noticed until the other day. I have a spare which is the same as the others so I'll use that and use this as a spare. It's definitely cleaner than the others so the PO must have needed a replacement, probably a knock off
I think that style wheel is from the 2006's. The extra 'rib' on it came out around '05/06. I remember my friend had a new Rubicon back in 06 and it had that style from the factory.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I think that style wheel is from the 2006's. The extra 'rib' on it came out around '05/06. I remember my friend had a new Rubicon back in 06 and it had that style from the factory.
Well all my wheels are like the front passenger, in that pic. On the passenger rear is smooth like that. And it's cleaner so I'm assuming the PO replaced it at some point

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Yeah thats likely the case, the wheels with the lip were probably 2005 and 2006 with the smooth ones being 2003-2004.

Does anyone else with a 6spd LJ have an issue with your Jeep feeling slower than normal or low on power from what it should be?
Mine idles fine, seems like it has all the power it should at low RPMs but once you get on it at like 2200 or above it feels like it hits a wall powerwise and doesnt accelerate like it should. If I stomp it at that rpm it starts to go and feels like you let off half way around 2500 rpm and climbs at that slower rate from there on...
Trying to accelerate in 4th at 3k rpm I can have it at the floor for what seems like forever before it finally gets to 4k rpm and just doesn't move like I think it should, its almost hard to accelerate to merge on the highway and thats trying to run it as high as I can in each gear.

Almost feels like my 02 TJ 5spd on 4.56's, 35's, heavy armor and bumpers and hard top accelerates better than my stock 6spd LJ Rubi on 285s...

Reactions: 06JeepXKHEMI

·
Premium Member
6,672 Posts
@jeepbro's
What you describe sounds like you may have a problem with your catalytic converters getting clogged. An easy way to verify if this is the case is to connect a vacuum gauge to an intake manifold port and see what it does as you hold the engine at higher revs -- a normal engine will exhibit increased vacuum from idle to high revs, while one with an exhaust obstruction will show the manifold vacuum lower at high revs than at idle.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Yeah thats likely the case, the wheels with the lip were probably 2005 and 2006 with the smooth ones being 2003-2004.

Does anyone else with a 6spd LJ have an issue with your Jeep feeling slower than normal or low on power from what it should be?
Mine idles fine, seems like it has all the power it should at low RPMs but once you get on it at like 2200 or above it feels like it hits a wall powerwise and doesnt accelerate like it should. If I stomp it at that rpm it starts to go and feels like you let off half way around 2500 rpm and climbs at that slower rate from there on...
Trying to accelerate in 4th at 3k rpm I can have it at the floor for what seems like forever before it finally gets to 4k rpm and just doesn't move like I think it should, its almost hard to accelerate to merge on the highway and thats trying to run it as high as I can in each gear.

Almost feels like my 02 TJ 5spd on 4.56's, 35's, heavy armor and bumpers and hard top accelerates better than my stock 6spd LJ Rubi on 285s...
Mine feels that way and I've done a lot of maintenance, including plugs, cats, full exhaust etc... may do a carbon cleaning next. We both have quite a lot of miles. Time to regear for you as well as myself. Deeper gears will help.

Savvy lift done, on the alignment rack now getting everything dialed in

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Mine feels that way and I've done a lot of maintenance, including plugs, cats, full exhaust etc... may do a carbon cleaning next. We both have quite a lot of miles. Time to regear for you as well as myself. Deeper gears will help.

Savvy lift done, on the alignment rack now getting everything dialed in

Yeah I had a parts jeep I swapped the cats because one on my jeep did blow out and I thought it made a difference at first but it may have been placebo because it felt sluggish again a few days later.
Ended up hollowing out my old cats, both the 2 pre cats and the rear cat from my original exhaust and put it back on with not much difference.

And I shouldn't need gears being a 6spd manual with factory 4.10's and only on 285's. Its actually a better/lower ratio in all gears with that tire size than my 5spd TJ on 35's with 4.56's. I'm thinking of doing Seafoam treatment again.
I do have a lifter tick occasionally so I'm wondering if it is causing that valve to not open all the way and result in lower feeling power but I'm not sure. I don't want to tear it down and replace all that just for it do do the same thing.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Also, anyone have pics of a black LJ with Silver flares?
I wanted to get some paint matched flares for the Rubicon, but there's a silver set for sale locally and was thinking that might look good to. I know the Rocky Mountain edition jeeps had a grey/graphite painted flares that looked sharp.

·
Registered
723 Posts
The build is coming around. 315/75 Geolander MTs installed. Pretty cool story with Yokohama.. growing up in Jeeps, my dad has a set of Geolanders on his ZJ Grand Cherokee, back 2001! To incorporate them into my build now is pretty awesome.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The build is coming around. 315/75 Geolander MTs installed. Pretty cool story with Yokohama.. growing up in Jeeps, my dad has a set of Geolanders on his ZJ Grand Cherokee, back 2001! To incorporate them into my build now is pretty awesome.
What size lift are you running? What's the load rating on those tires?

Great looking Jeep!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Here's probably the last shot of my LJ , in the driveway with its replacement.

Tank '15 JKU Willys

More room with the arrival of our second daughter two weeks ago.
And three years later, I traded the JKU for a new Touareg for the wife and brought this home today.

2005 LJ with 39k miles.

And I picked up a used soft top in great shape Monday that will go on this weekend.

Edit:

Dropped the plow yesterday.

For a 15 year old Jeep in New England, this thing is remarkably clean. I'll be cleaning up the few spots that aren't this summer.

·
Registered
723 Posts
What size lift are you running? What's the load rating on those tires?

Great looking Jeep!!
Savvy 4", load range E. Most 16" tires will be. I've never had an issue when they're filled to correct psi

Next up is to mount spare and find the ever elusive khaki soft top that this cane with.

10241 - 10260 of 10301 Posts