Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what these codes stand for? They are out of the 2000 XJ parts manual.
SPRING, Rear Leaf
52000 050AB 1 [ZFS,ZUS], Right or Left
52000 051AB 1 [ZFT,ZUT], Right or Left
52000 707AB 1 [ZGU,ZVU], Right or Left
52000 706AB 1 [ZFU,ZUU], Right or Left
52000 544AB 1 [ZGS,AVS], Right or Left
52000 545AB 1 [ZGT,ZVT], Right or Left
52002 390AB 1 [ZGV,ZVV], Right or Left
52002 392AB 1 [ZGW,ZVW], Right or Left

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I have tried to figure this out over the years without much success.
Googling kinda gives you some info but never found a straight forward answer to what you would think is a straight forward question.
LOL.
The one thing that is I think I know is that 52002392AB are the Up Country leafs.
At least that is what most say on the internet.
Somebody on one of the forums was nice enough to give me their VIN to their '99, think that was what year it was, that came with an Up Country suspension.
I went to see my guys at the Jeep Dealership hoping that with the VIN they could confirm the part number I posted above.
Unfortunately all the springs came up and it did not list just the Up Country one so...
My guy at the dealership was also nice enough to email me a PDF of all the "Sales Codes".
Unfortunately that did not help either but did clear up one thing.
Using the 52002392AB.
ZGW is the left spring.
ZVW is the right.
Now why they list a different sales code for the same spring for right and left is anybody's guess.
I was able to purchase the Up Country leafs, 52002392AB, from my local dealership.
Have not gotten them on yet. Also have all the other parts for the rear, except new U-Bolts, that are also all Mopar parts.
Be aware that Mopar springs do not come with bushings.
And real Mopar bushings compared to their aftermarket counterparts are super expensive.
Also according to one of my buddies on this forum.
He didn't use Mopar springs but used Crown, I think that is what he said, to duplicate the Up Country suspension on his wife's XJ.
He said that 1.75" spacers leveled it out nicely.
Now normally I would not do that but seeing how my XJ is just a DD and just going for a look don't see the harm in it.
Plenty of guys who actually wheel their Jeeps use spacers but if I did think I would rather have a coil up front to achieve the correct height so....
Sorry I can't be of more help.
Would love to know the answer myself.
But a shot out of the Sales Code book to show the 3 letter code.
And a couple shots of my parts just to show off.
LOL.
Oh and best I can tell the Up Country suspension uses the longer bump stops.
Those are not Mopar ones but aftermarket.

EDIT: Forgot to add.
When Googling those part numbers take the space out.
So 52002 392AB reads 52002392AB.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ralph. That helps a lot. After the fiasco with my drivetrain snapping sound I am forced to actually face up to my sagging rear springs. Since the rear is coming out again it is the right time to do the springs. It appears that the [Up-Country] set is what I want. I need to be able to tow the small boat as well as carry some weight without the rear sagging. If I can get an inch or so lift that would be perfect too. I looked at some Nopar parts sites and the only springs still available are for the two door, 4 cylinder models, not what I need. Quadratec and others all carry the Crown springs. CJ7-Tim posts this list a lot and I am guessing the codes apply to weight ratings per various models. From his list I gather this spring is the Crown version of the 52002392AB spring. Crown Automotive Heavy Duty Leaf Spring for 84-01 Jeep Cherokee XJ with 7" Free Arch for 84-01 Jeep Cherokee XJ My XJ came with a factory hitch but that is all, no cooling extras or anything. I only I want to do this job once so I will be getting all new hardware too, as you did. This is no time to skimp. Here is Tim's list I found it to be the best breakdown of parts so far.

Leaf Spring Specifications

Springs, rear
LL - 3-1/8" free arch, load rating 405
LM - 5-5/8" free arch, load rating 605
LS - 6" free arch, load rating 675
LT - 7" free arch, load rating 755. UpCountry. + 1 inch taller than stock

Dealer part numbers:
52000050 Standard Duty, Coded LB
52000051 Standard Duty, Coded LC, EC
52000706 Standard Duty, Coded LN, ES
52000544 Heavy Duty, Coded LK
52000545 Heavy Duty, Coded LL, EL
52000707 Heavy Duty, Coded LM
52002390 Heavy Duty, Coded LS
52002392 Heavy Duty, Coded LT ( UpCountry package +1" leaf spring)

Crown catalog part numbers:
84/01 Standard Duty (LL ) 4 leaf - Jeep P/N 52000051
84/01 Heavy Duty (LS, ZGV, ZVV) 4 leaf -Jeep P/N 4886185
84/01 Heavy Duty (LT, ZGW, ZVW) 4 leaf -Jeep P/N 4886186 or 52002392 - UpCountry + 1"
84/01 Heavy Duty (LK ) 4 leaf - Jeep P/N 4886187
84/01 Heavy Duty (LN, ZUU, ZFU) 4 leaf - Jeep P/N 52000706
84/01 Heavy Duty (LM, ZGU, ZVU) 4 leaf - Jeep P/N 52000707

Coil Springs - Springs with a G in the letter spring codes are UpCountry package +1" springs
ZGK or GK UpCountry +1" coil - Jeep P/N 52001793
ZGL or GL UpCountry +1" coil - Jeep P/N 52001794
FF FH FJ stock size - Jeep P/N 52088102

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just put the order in. The springs were not very expensive. But all the other stuff was. I'm not sure when I can attempt this operation but at least I will have the parts on hand.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This one: Crown Automotive 4886186AA Heavy Duty Leaf Spring Assembly for 84-01 Jeep Cherokee XJ . According to CJ7-Tim's list this is the Crown version of the Up-Country spring. Supposedly it will give an inch or less lift. I was more interested in it not sagging a month after going in. I also need extra support for towing. I will also keep the coil-over shocks I have on now. I just put the old rear back in today so I can use it over the Summer. I prefer to do this type of job in the cold weather so who knows when I can start this. I usually yank the boat in early November or whenever the fish stop biting. Then I can take the XJ off the road. You know I have a set of leaf springs that fit a second gen Firebird. The width is the same and the length is within an inch. The only problem was that the centering bolt in the middle was at a much different location so it would have changed the position of the rear end or I might have used them. They jacked up a Trans Am several inches I wonder what they would have done to the XJ.

·
Registered
1998 Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.6
207 Posts
I've got the Crown HD Rear Srings on my '98 and it does seem to lift it about 1" over stock. As for towing with the springs, I just hauled my parents utility trailer 5'x12' with an engine in a crate and it didn't squat an inch.
Automotive tire Tire Wood Road surface Tread
Automotive tire Tire Wood Road surface Tread

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use regular street tires so it rides pretty nicely for a Jeep. I used to jack up my Firebirds and they felt like a pickup truck. I got the springs today and they look 100% better than the factory ones. Heavy duty for sure. And plastic shims at the wear points. Nice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts