Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,724 Posts
Where I live in the midwest we've never had much available in the way of public land for wheelin use in my lifetime, so it's kind of an already-lost battle around here. I sure hate to see those that still have wide open spaces available losing the ability to utilize it though.

·
Registered
11,396 Posts
I would bet less than 10% of the forum members belong to any groups or clubs that DO any real work to keep trails open and maintain them. Maybe even less than 5%. Most are more fan boys of Jeep. Than Jeepers. To keep our thousands of miles of trails in AZ is a ton of work. The only thing good is that of the three agencies; Forestry, BLM and State Trust. Most our area in my section is BLM and State. Though not easy to work with. Far easier than Forestry. The other we seem to work well with. Well we will see. The adopt a trail program our clubs have both worked to its enth degree. B4W has like 15 trails on the docket waiting for final approval. That would include the funds to Kiosk the start and finish. With signs and Info. In this area we use metal plates about 20" and the trails name is cut into the plate.

P4w is a large club and runs the largest jamboree in Az The Parker Splash. with over 300 jeeps attending few weeks ago. figure 3 people per jeep near 1000 people. Was a record attendance. ALL the money goes to charities. Unlike the Jeepers Jamboree that does doodly squat. For the communities it uses< i mean uses too.

I know of many other clubs that do great works in the Cali area. I grew up in Tahoe and knew the Hi/Lows of Tahoe in the late 60's and 70's. I have meet the Fresno 4W that run and help maintain the Dusy Ershiem. Few clubs do the kind of work it takes to maintain that trail that cuts through 32 miles of some the most restricted areas of Cali.

I hope the change in Government will help us in the fight for the right to our open spaces.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.