Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
10,676 Posts
I'll probably grill some bacon for breakfast and maybe some steaks but I doubt I'll be doing much in the way of a large cook. I do believe I'm taking my oldest on his first fishing trip this Sunday though! :D

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I'm going over to the fish market tomorrow and see what they have whole and fresh. I might flatten out some whole skin-on rainbow trout and cook them on a bed of bacon to keep from sticking. Last time, I cooked them on a bed of lemon slices and it was good, but I got the idea of bacon so I'll try that.

Of course, if they have something else whole, I'll improvise.

I did make a bunch of grilled peaches this week with a little olive oil and some sea salt on them.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my weather will suck later today and maybe for a day or two due to Hurricane Hermine .

Let me see here said the blind man .

I can cook inside some folks, but I like cooking outside much, much better .

·
10,676 Posts
We just crawled into bed after an awesome day. Tomorrow's menu starts with 2 pounds of bacon and French toast with fresh cinnamon bread.

·
10,676 Posts
I wanted to hear about the freaking fishing :fish:

I glad you had a good time Chris and it was probably a day that your son will never forget .

Great job Dad .
We didn't get much time for fishing - the day was over before we even realized it. He did get a bite though! The fish let loose in some moss but he got to feel the fight. Haha. We had a blast.

·
10,676 Posts
RJ is going to throw some pork in the crock-pot, something simple for our little group of people - We're having a few family members over for a "work day" on Saturday. We have a tree that's on its way out with a rotting tree house wrapped around it as well as a neighboring tree that's starting to crumble. We're going to tear down the tree house and cut down the two trees. The crock-pot pork will make lunch/dinner much easier since it could be a long, tiring day.

Anyone recommend any recipes?

Edit: Here is the tree/house that's coming down. It's not a very good picture but about the best I could find on my phone.

Plant Tree Wood Outdoor furniture Grass

·
10,676 Posts
You seem to take Labor Day weekend quite literally it seems Chris ?

Mr. Monk won't like all the excitement I think ?
Yeah... It's pretty rare that I stop working. I'm hoping I can get the small tree down before anyone really comes over on Saturday morning. Once everyone arrives, I'll chop down the limbs from the tree house while it stands, pull down the house, then take down the trunk of the tree. My hope is to stack the wood from the two trees near the back fence then use the "brush" to start a Saturday night bonfire on the remainder of the stump from the big tree. If we can pull that off in one day, I may get to kick back and relax a little on Sunday!

That little guy has been through a lot already. We removed an above ground pool and the deck attached to his "home" and yet he still comes back. I think I've spoiled him...

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I picked up a second rack of back ribs tonight so ribs it is for the cook .

I am going to do a 2-2-1 type cook on them but I am going to go 2 1/2-1 1/2 -1 instead .

I figure that I will get more smoke taste that way ?

Let me see said the blind man .

·
10,676 Posts
Hi Phit! :wave:

I'm not sure if we will get around to it, though firing up the smoker sounds amazing. We have a bunch of family stuff planned so I don't think I'll have time to watch the food cook this year.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
The wife says we've got too many steaks in the freezer.

I'm not sure what she's talking about, but Monday looks like a good day to eat T-Bones!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.