Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
25,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kids going to start college in the future?

Seriously, they should get their RN/BSN! Yes, they have straight
male nurses as well. (Thought I'd nip that stereotype right off!)

They are in high demand, and will end up making a a lot of money!
They of course would have to like what they do, and I like to fix
stuff. I wanted to be a motorcycle mechanic, until I found out how
much they make! Instead of fixing bikes, if I had to do it over again,
I would help fix people!

So why do I bring this up?

My wife's unit has been short staffed, and is super stressed out. She had to go in at 5am today to cover a shift, be there all day, then cover a night shift. The new hires won't even start for another month by the time they go through orientation, on the floor time, etc... I don't know why they don't have systems in place where they could place a nurse on the floor when they really need them?

So if you have kids, or are thinking of going back to school just
something to think about.. If you have this degree, and like helping
people, you will be in high demand!

:wink2:

· Registered
10,372 Posts
Medical is a good trade, I considered it when I wanted out of LE and should have gone into it. My brother otoh, did go into and he's the reason the stereotype exists... he passed gay about 4 exits back and never thought about a U turn.

· Premium Member
3,241 Posts
A lot of medical degrees in my extended family. High demand for Airline pilots also (now and in the future).... Takes a lot of training(hours) but in the end the PAYOFF is more than the average 3 or 4 or 5 bears make in a year! Most all jobs in the industry require at least 2 yr bachelor degree.....

· Registered
25,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 2 friends that are airline pilots. They do quite well except
for the weird schedules... LOL

· Premium Member
3,241 Posts
My wife says " it beats working for a living"!!! We like the schedules . What other job pays that much and u only have to "work" a bit over half year! My wife just got hired at fedex. She's in her 3wk of training at Fedex, her dream job!(md-11)
She's got 19 more years before retiring..... :bacon:

· Registered
25,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My wife says " it beats working for a living"!!! We like the schedules . What other job pays that much and u only have to "work" a bit over half year! My wife just got hired at fedex. She's in her 3wk of training at Fedex, her dream job!(md-11)
She's got 19 more years before retiring..... :bacon:
Yeah, they do get quite a few days off. LOL Only thing is I need to
get pretty liquored up before I get on a plane, so it wouldn't be for me. hahaha

· Registered
1 Posts
My cousins wanted to become car mechanics until they found out about the schedule, working conditions, and salary. After that, they moved to medicine and economics. They were thinking for some time, but only after a discussion with our parents and after speaking with someone from Foster Plus: Home did they decide to change their career orientation. Choosing a career should be a choice that takes some time, not choosing something after one day. I have been thinking about becoming an engineer or a programmer for a few years. After finishing school, I made my choice.

· Registered
12,594 Posts
The problem is what we are willing to pay and how the trades are treated. A plumber is only important when the toilet backs up and the rest of the time they smell like poop. Roofers are just PIA immigrants.
Give them the respect and recompense of people doing jobs that are actually critical to day to day life requirements.
Problem there is capitalism brain washing. Corporations are much more important and CEOs can't ever be wrong..after all they are rich, Carpenters are just sunburned yokels with splinters and calluses. They should be paid a lot.:unsure:
Mike Rowe is the only real proponent of the working class.

· Registered
25,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The problem is what we are willing to pay and how the trades are treated. A plumber is only important when the toilet backs up and the rest of the time they smell like poop. Roofers are just PIA immigrants.
Give them the respect and recompense of people doing jobs that are actually critical to day to day life requirements.
Problem there is capitalism brain washing. Corporations are much more important and CEOs can't ever be wrong..after all they are rich, Carpenters are just sunburned yokels with splinters and calluses. They should be paid a lot.:unsure:
Mike Rowe is the only real proponent of the working class.
You're kidding right? People that learn a good trade plumbers, electricians, almost
any construction job make great money! Especially if they go on to run their own
business. Hell I just shelled out almost $500 to have my HVAC ducts and air handler
cleaned! (Just over 2 hours) Looking back, HVAC is a great trade as you need A/C
or heat year round. Plumbers aren't bound to just repairs, they can also do new
construction, help with remodels, etc. When I had my roof replaced because of
a hail storm, they were all white and hard working mo fo's!

Hell a basic construction laborer can start off making $20 an hour with out knowing
a skilled trade.

Also define "rich?"

To me most everybody in Congress is "rich!" It's not because of their $175K-$224k salaries..... :unsure:

Oh and before you go tooting the it's the Republican's fault horn,
it's split about 50/50! Half of the dems make that list as well!

· Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Capitalism is bad if you tell yourself that you'll never "make-it" and just settle for that safe place that everyone has in them and are wanting someone else to provide for you BUT if you strive in pursuit of whatever your passion is (not talking about Left-handed Basket weaving) and take charge of your LIFE you will be able to afford most all that you can imagine.I lived this!!!
On my worse day i still would pick capitalism over a hand out!

· Premium Member
3,241 Posts
You're kidding right? People that learn a good trade plumbers, electricians, almost
any construction job make great money! Especially if they go on to run their own
business. Hell I just shelled out almost $500 to have my HVAC ducts and air handler
cleaned! (Just over 2 hours) Looking back, HVAC is a great trade as you need A/C
or heat year round. Plumbers aren't bound to just repairs, they can also do new
construction, help with remodels, etc. When I had my roof replaced because of
a hail storm, they were all white and hard working mo fo's!

Hell a basic construction laborer can start off making $20 an hour with out knowing
a skilled trade.

Also define "rich?"

To me most everybody in Congress is "rich!" It's not because of their $175K-$224k salaries..... :unsure:

Oh and before you go tooting the it's the Republican's fault horn,
it's split about 50/50! Half of the dems make that list as well!

I got a 30x40 shop in the beginning stages and i expect to pay way more than i would have just a few years ago but Capitalism has rewarded the wife and i with the gift of paying in cash....... Long live Capitalism ! ;)

· Registered
25,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got a 30x40 shop in the beginning stages and i expect to pay way more than i would have just a few years ago but Capitalism has rewarded the wife and i with the gift of paying in cash....... Long live Capitalism ! ;)
We live comfortably. The only debt I have is the mortgage, the boat ($13k), and my TrailHawk.
The other Jeep was paid off early! The $45k I have in credit stays pretty much paid off.............. :cool:

Huh I wonder If I'm rich? House, (3/4 acre) boat, Motorcycles, $25k in DJ gear.
Wife and I have come a long way from 1997! Rented a 1 bedroom condo, and
the only thing I owned was a POS Honda CRX! :LOL:

· Premium Member
3,241 Posts
We live comfortably. The only debt I have is the mortgage, the boat ($13k), and my TrailHawk.
The other Jeep was paid off early! The $45k I have in credit stays pretty much paid off.............. :cool:

Huh I wonder If I'm rich? House, (3/4 acre) boat, Motorcycles, $25k in DJ gear.
Wife and I have come a long way from 1997! Rented a 1 bedroom condo, and
the only thing I owned was a POS Honda CRX! :LOL:

Huh I wonder If I'm rich? Maybe you are. Add up all your belongings value (stock, 401's ,equity, everything) and then deduct ally your debt and that will give you your net worth.
Honda CRX........ i NEVER was that poor :ROFLMAO:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.