Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Price $129
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: These speakers added a good bit of the high-bandwidth sound to the soundbar. Seems like there is a lot more liveliness in the speakers now!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Price $150
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: nice speakers easy to install, not to good for music with allot of bass(Rap) but for good music (metal country rock) they are great

·
Registered
25 Posts
Price $89.99
Pros Great sound
Cons Installation was a PAIN
Recommended yes

Comments: Replaced my factory sound bar speakers. Sound great, but the install took quite some time due to the fabric getting in the way of the screw. Otherwise, great product.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Price $5
Pros Price (friends pawnshop)
Fit well in factory location.
Cons It maybe that they are not amped (yet) and are the sound is coming from a crappy deck... but the mids are low and the highs are harsh.
Recommended no

Comments: I am assuming that the kicker DS is the same as the kicker DS 5 1/4" entry level speakers I picked up from my buddies pawnshop for a song.

They are a deff. upgrade for stock, and for $5 I would suggest them... however most people will pay $50+ and for that kind of money I bet you can find better.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Price $89.99
Pros Sound good, plug-and-play
Cons None really. A few screws were a pain during installation.
Recommended yes

Comments: A bought these from Quadratec because they were plug-and-play from the factory with no wiring. They replaced my toasted factory sound bar speakers.

They sound really good. I'm pleased with them. They are not a good bass speaker, however, and they leave a little to be desired with the doors and top off.

Install is not hard, but patience is required to find the screw holes through the fabric.

Overall I am happy with these speaker.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Price $68
Pros good price, better than stock, easy to install
Cons none yet...
Recommended yes

Comments: I got front and rear speakers form amazon for a good price. I didnt buy the 4x6 speakers for the front tho. i just got the 4'' round and got a speaker adapter from ebay '' around 10 bucks'' and installed them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Price $44.99
Pros Cheap, loud, clear mids and highs, decent bass for its size
Cons Can't handle much power
Recommended yes

Comments: Purchased these speakers on a budget. Sounded 100x's better than my stock speakers in my 97 zj. Added an amp and they have been going strong no problems ever since.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Price $160
Pros Great high/mids
Cons Definitely need sub with these speakers
Recommended yes

Comments: Bought from Crutchfield at a good price, the soundbar was fairly easy to install, though the front driver's side dash took a while. I put the 2-way DS in the soundbar and the component DS in the dash/tweeter. The tweeter replacement took less than 10 minutes for both and fits the stock enclosure well. I routed the crossover box on the side panel and was able to fit it in nicely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Price $150
Pros Amazing sound, easy to install, powerful bass and crisp highs.
Cons had to drill new holes to bolt these in but nothing too major.
Recommended yes

Comments: Good speakers, I got 2 set's of DS65's for $150.00 and they sound great. Coupled with the infinity gold amplifier they make a nice affordable sound system. I did have to drill new holes for the speakers to fit, but it was nothing too major with a drill bit and a tap set.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Price $49.99
Recommended yes

Comments: •Regarding the mod: I don't consider it a con as much as a heads up. The modification is easy, even for a novice. But it is worth noting. If you aren't handy with tools, there's no way to put 5" speakers in the dash.
•As to the bass: since you're better off with a sub anyway for bass, I don't think it's a deal-breaker. But if you're ONLY going to have dash and soundbar, there are speakers on the market which give better bass. The pioneer speakers I replaced had better bass. At the same time, the mids and highs are much better on these and I consider this an improvement.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.