Manufacturer Kicker
Recommended Yes: 16 / No: 0

The kicker competition 12" subwoofer
Great bass

·
Registered
142 Posts
Price $100
Pros The pair of these kicks butt! They sound great in my Jeep.
Cons They are kind of big and take up a lot of space. But they are 12"s so I knew that before hand.
Recommended yes

Comments: I have two of these in the back of my Grand cherokee. I'm using a Dual 580 watt amp to power them and they sound great. When they are cranked up the rear view mirror just ratlles and you can't see anything in it. The box that I have them in is a sealed box with no air ports.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Price $70
Pros Loud, Clear Sound
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: My Kicker sub is a 10" connected to a 600 Watt Quantum Audio Amplifier and it balances my sound system so well. I can adjust it to have more or less power and it's everything I need for the low end of my sound system.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Price $200
Pros I have to 12 inch subs and when watching a movie in the car sounds like surround sound theatre.
Cons capacitor has blue light so draws attention.
Recommended yes

Comments: good for music lovers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Price $300
Pros Came with two 12" subs in sealed, ported box.
Cons Box broke once.
Recommended yes

Comments: These subs are LOUD, I rarely turn them up to full blast. They have more than enough power. Have them on a rockford amp, wish I would have gotten a class D but didn't do enough research when I was purchasing things. Installed a 1.2 Farad capacitor too to take some strain off the battery. Friends have said they can easily hear me coming from a few blocks away. Bottom edge of box broke once and made a horrible rattling noise, but some gorilla glue fixed the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Price $40
Pros Got it for $40 from my buddy. Hit's good and hard. Very clean sound with just a 350W amp.
Cons So far, I love it, but I could get better sound with a more powerful amp, but I'd just bust an eardrum, a window, or my bank account.
Recommended yes

Comments: Great sub for first timers who still have most of their hearing...for now.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Price $75
Pros great sound quality, they look great, and are durable.
Cons nothing.
Recommended yes

Comments: they are all around great subs. very tough and they are loud. i have them on a 760 watt pioneer amp and they make my headliner, dome light, and sunvisors shake.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Price $350
Pros -Hits Hard
-Kicker Custom Enclosure
-Durable
-Clean Bass
Cons -None
Recommended yes

Comments: For the most part I always used Kicker for subs. I bought these a while ago and they came in the kicker ported enclosure built to spec. Let me tell you, these things are ridiculous! They sound awesome and hit extremely hard! GET THESE if your looking for subs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Price $90
Pros Polyurethane construction makes for long lasting speakers and improved sound quality.
Cons none so far
Recommended yes

Comments: I received these as a "hand-me-down" from an ex who had them from 2004-2009. He accidentally hit one and cracked it then gave them to me, I repaired the damaged speaker which kept on kicking for another year until a piece completely broke off. I replaced that speaker in 2010 and even with one new and one old you can't tell the difference, the old speaker still hits just as good as the new one. I love these subs, and if/when they crap out on me I will definitely buy Kickers Comps to replace them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Price $100
Pros Price, Decent Sound, Durable
Cons N/A... you get what you pay for
Recommended yes

Comments: Can't Complain. Sounds decent only have 1 installed, didn't want to take up to much space. For the price i can't complain. If your on a budget this is a good way to go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.