26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Information
Price $130
Rating 4
Average Price $78.99
Manufacturer Kicker
Recommended Yes: 14 / No: 0

6.5 inch subwoofer. Directly replaces stock subwoofer in center console. Sound significantly better than stock, and the bass hits are much better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Price $99.99
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Great!!! Great kick, much clearer than stock. Bass hits are much cleaner and heavier if you wish. Fits directly into stock location, really easy mod for anyone who is looking to upgrade their sound system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Price $35
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: It is a two way coaxial speaker with dome tweeter Sound quality is above average. installation was easy.a perfect fit, spliced the existing speaker connector to the kicker speaker connector. no other modifications needed Very rugged speakers.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Price $130
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: Great speakers. Crisp highs and low lows. I really wish I has a seperate amp to test these puppies on...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Price $89.99
Rating 5
Pros -Far Superior Clarity & Responsivness
-High Durability
-Nicely Packaged
Cons -No Mounting Screws (You will need to run to a hardware store and buy 8 #8 3/4" screws for a perfect fit/install...costs apx. $2)
Recommended yes

Comments: Aside from the minor but extremely straight forward and simple modifications required to fit this 6.5" sub into the stock TJ subwoofer box, this is a superb upgrade from the stock subwoofer. The level of clarity and responsiveness is very high, even if running off of the stock amplifier (I'm currently doing this). Along with the sub comes a rear plate with kicker logo pressed into it and an adhesive pad for it, two yellow windshield decals and two regular decal like stickers. All of this comes nicely packaged, very visually appealing.

One con, the Kicker sub does not come with screws for mounting =(. But for about $2 dollars you can run to Home Depot or any other store of that nature and find 8 #8 3/4" screws which fit perfectly in the pocketed mounting holes on the sub itself and allows for a perfect mount into the factory sub. box.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Price $80
Pros Loud! Clear! adds a LITTLE base also. Easy install.
Cons took 4 days to ship. (sarcasim, none!)
Recommended yes

Comments: Great Speakers For the Price. alot etter than stock. easy instal. great mod for the white Sandy Beaches!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Price $50
Pros cheap, built strong all other kicker products
built like high-end sub, really magnet basket, and good conectings
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: adds mid bass to a system, on install remember to poly fill the sub box

·
Registered
143 Posts
Price $56
Pros Works great
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Its not mind blowing base but its adequate and gets the job done.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Price $100
Pros Compact powerful, sleek, poly cone,
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: I love these subs to death. Installed them in my rollcage sound wedges and they fit perfectly. Clear powerful base in a compact and sleek design. You cant go wrong.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Price $100
Rating 5
Pros Hit's good
Cons Needed more plyfil
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought Julietkilo's sub that is pictured below. On the stock amp it sounded much better than the Goldwood that was in previously. Last week, I added a Kicker dx250.1 amp to the system and was not totally happy with the sound. So I took it apart and added more polyfil to the enclosure and that did the trick. Highly reccomend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Price $59.95
Pros good lows solid sound
Cons not enough highs
Recommended yes

Comments: just got them because my other factory speakers were falling apart and needed toons asap turns out they are pretty good nice solid sound out of them every easy to put in and fits like factory did

·
Registered
7 Posts
Price $64.95
Pros Great sound and easy install.
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: This is the perfect sub for a TJ with the stock center console. My next step is to add an amp and seal off the holes in my console.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Price $100
Pros Easy to install, hits much harder than factory sub, installs directly into the 2nd gen TJ console sub spot
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: I blew the cheap factory sub about a year ago and replaced it with this thing. It's awesome!! A tad bit of trimming required, but nothing crazy... it fit right in and wired directly up to the stock amplifier. This thing constantly impresses me. I'm not beating down the block or anything, but it definitely provides me with more than enough bass to impress! Rock, rap, country, jazz, and blues all sound excellent on this woofer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.