Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start this by saying i already have a built yj that neeeds a lil attention but i decided to build up a 1989 jeep commanche sport model i think it red shortbed my father has had it since 95 and the refuses to die my father not one to replace something unless it's necessary has kept it all along it has the 4.0 with 187,000 it is very tired but still very reliable AND HE FINALLLY DECIDED to get rid of it he was gonna give it away it still runs drives fine it has the auto tranny what eva that was and i think it has the towing package which might mean that it has the 44 rear end anywaze the bed is dented badly on one side only aestectic the rear tailgate still works and its kinda crumple straight if i was doing a "nice build i either do a custonm bed or find a new one but since i plan on clearing 33-35 i jus hack the **** out of the dented one i already have to clear the bigger tires i wanna do the 97 -01 front end with sum of those wide body pre runner fenders or sumthn fabbed up to kinda go along with that look altho i already have a pair of tj fender flares i might jus use anyways i planned on doing a engine swap possibly a crd diesel or jus a new crate 4.6 stroker mayybe i dont kno any useful tips on acheiving a quality trail rig on the cheap for starters im gonna hack the fenders to fit the 33's i have then ill need goood advice on how to lift this half coiled half leAF SPRUNG BEAST

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
.,-&?!ABCabc(123)

Is that all one sentence??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how do u put pics on here ?

here it is commanchee sport not very good pic but it does highlight the damage done to the rear bed this truck runs n drives and shifts into 4x4 no prob the hood an front end have very lil rust paint looks much betta than bed

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
for free you cant beat that! thats one heck of a headache rack you got there, I see great potential! Good luck and please keep us posted on your build!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and im not sure yet but it might have th d44 it has towing package and might have the metric ton package its an auto and it has a button for towing over drive i think i dont much about mj's so its an pretty sure it was an 89

·
Registered
47 Posts
man I thought I got a deal on my Comanch but can't beat free...have fun with the build - look fwd to seeing how it pans out. Wish I could turn mine into a project but its only my 3rd vehicle winter "beater" for now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts