Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - I’m sure this is asked and answered somewhere but google and the jeep forum.com search bar aren’t pulling anything up.

3 of my 4 skid plate bolts are seized up on my 2012 JK. PB blaster, torch, and rocking the bolt back and forth with a breaker bar / impact driver aren’t doing it. One bolt is already sheared off. I’ve stopped on the other bolts until I understand how big of a deal it is to replace the frame nuts.

There are tons of posts on TJs YJs etc talking about replacing nutserts being no big deal - but I can’t confirm for JKs anywhere.

Are JK frame nuts just nutserts as well? Keep trying on the skid plate bolts and if the others shear off then just grind the nutsert and replace?

Thanks - Brock

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all - I’m sure this is asked and answered somewhere but google and the jeep forum.com search bar aren’t pulling anything up.

3 of my 4 skid plate bolts are seized up on my 2012 JK. PB blaster, torch, and rocking the bolt back and forth with a breaker bar / impact driver aren’t doing it. One bolt is already sheared off. I’ve stopped on the other bolts until I understand how big of a deal it is to replace the frame nuts.

There are tons of posts on TJs YJs etc talking about replacing nutserts being no big deal - but I can’t confirm for JKs anywhere.

Are JK frame nuts just nutserts as well? Keep trying on the skid plate bolts and if the others shear off then just grind the nutsert and replace?

Thanks - Brock

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have same issue 2012 JK. Skidplate bolt on passenger side was seized. Retainer, a welded nut broke loose. Had to cut the bolt head off to remove. Ordered bolt new bolt 610444AA.

Nut is not available part and I don’t think welding is option. Maybe a nutsert if I can find. The bolt is M12x1.5x40. The nutsert for this seems to be a specialty item used by Mercedes Benz and require a specialty insert tool adapter. A common nutsert would be M12x1.75. How did you resolve?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts