Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I installed 2.5" Coil Spacers into my '07 Jeep WK (3.7). It has AT2 Grabbers, roughly 32" and the pitch of my axles is rather steep. My outer CV boot on the driver's side keep tearing since I lifted it. Ive replaced the axle shaft twice (with $60 after market part I believe) because of this and do not want to run into this problem again. I read that someone had replaced it with the higher priced OEM brand one and it stopped happening. I also heard maybe a diff drop bracket would help, but really just need some help as to the steps i need to make this stop happening. Thanks guys!

CapeRockieWK

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have this same concern also. I used the cardone brand half axle. At full extension I can see where the rubber boot has rubbed that same spot on the LCA. I would be interested in knowing what brand doesn't rub. I did see some HD ones with the hard plastic covers, but those are a bit out of my price range.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! Have you heard f anyone having just a differential drop put in to fit that pitch of the axles? Or anyone that has uses OEM brands to fix this problem?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have negative knowledge in that area. I was thinking about contacting the companies to see which ones of them use what size of boots over the CV axle.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.