Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
caseyrocksit said:
I have a JK MOAB and a black one at that !! Some places certain times of year it doesn't even pay to take the top off sadly enough! I'm out In the hot high altitude desert of 29 palms where that sun will singe you dry and burned in ten seconds!
Other then that I always wave .... But not a big fan of jeep libertys , patriots and the like! Just not the same ... Sorry guys
It always pays to take the top off no matter the weather, I am not lucky enough to own a convertible Jeep but my XJ is doorless about 5 days a week. Even if its raining, sounds to me like you just need a sunshade.

·
Registered
66 Posts
rebelbowtie said:
It always pays to take the top off no matter the weather, I am not lucky enough to own a convertible Jeep but my XJ is doorless about 5 days a week. Even if its raining, sounds to me like you just need a sunshade.
Yes I totally agree with you!! I do need a sunshade ! I'm browsing the market now for one I want.... I just had to weigh my options and figure it out:)
Thank you :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
We have owned CJ's, YJ's, TJ's, and currently own both a LJ and a 2 Door JK Rubicon.
My wife and I wave at Everybody in Jeeps, but we only get waved back about half the time.
It is very frustrating to wave at someone, and they don't wave back. I'm not sure if it is the area we are in, or if this is a problem all over the country.
I'm also not sure if it is simply because everyone is just too busy these days (screwing with their radios, cell phones, etc.), or if they are just simply too self-absorbed to care about being friendly to another Jeeper.
My wife made a comment to me the other day that she thinks that it should be a mandatory law that all car salesmen should be required to inform all new Jeep customers about the Jeep wave. HaHa.
Regardless of how many (or few) waves we get back, we will always be Jeep Wavers.
Just our 2 cents.

·
Registered
571 Posts
The wave was originally accepted as a way to acknowledge drivers of the original military vehicle , and maybe their passion, stupidity, discomfort, or ability to keep the heap running, etc . There's a lot of those old guard still out there and if they, (or I) don't see any similarities in what you're driving versus a CJ7 for example , don't expect a wave, and don't get offended ....I could also be trying to identify some new noise, looking at gauges, daydreaming, trying to keep it between the lines, or simply enjoying the ride, nothing personal.

141 - 144 of 144 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.