Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Price $700
Rating 4
Pros Crawls without stalling like nobody's business!
Cons It isn't an Atlas II? I don't know - no cons that I can think of...
Recommended yes

Comments: No review yet from me personally - I just had it installed...one day I will come back here and update this.

Edit: I have had it for over a year now and it is awesome! I love it - it was well worth it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: So far has been a wonderful transfer case, no problems at all, i would like to add a slip-yoke eliminator kit

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Price $750
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: I run a terralow and so far it has served me very well love that little box makes rock crawling so much easier

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Well as far as the transfer case it self, it seems fine, but as others have experienced as well the transfer case cable is junk. Seems like a weak design. I'm sure its made that way for some purpose, but I broke one and the dealer broke the another and it hasn't even been off road yet. So have lost a bit of confidence on that part.It can easily leave you stranded if you can't get underneath to move the transfer case manually.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Price $2000
Pros excellent gearing for off road, plus no slip yoke
Cons no real disadvantages. best transfer case you can get in a jeep
Recommended yes

Comments: the pros say it all. i switched from a sahara to a rubicon and the difference on the trail is drastically improved over the NV241 Command-Trac

·
Registered
16 Posts
Price $4500
Pros Rubicon
Cons none.
Recommended yes

Comments: I really appreciate teh ability to crawl over obstacles with ease.
Only downside is non-Rubicon Jeepers badger me on the trail for "taking too long"... get over it (literally).

·
Registered
216 Posts
Price $1
Pros Very low low-ratio for rock crawling.
Cons None listed
Recommended yes

Comments: The transfer case was on the vehicle when I purchased it. Seeing how it's a 2004 Rubicon model, it already has the 4:1 transfer case. I like the super low low-ratio gearing of the TC, since it will come in handy for off roading.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Price $23000
Pros low gearing and strong
Cons gearing can be to low at times
Recommended yes

Comments: nice that it came with SYE on it from factory. Love the 4:1 low at times. makes sticking with 4.10 axles and 35's livable BUT in mud and on hill climbs I gotta shift to much to get any speed up them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.