Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
412 Posts
I did the inside of YJ with it and still had a bottle or two left over. you shouldn't have any issues on a CJ-5

· Registered
688 Posts
Well my kit sure did. You get four bottles of the urethane liner plus a spray gun in the kit. Two bottles was enough to make a full coat of the inside of the tub to include firewall and top of fenders. Prep is the key for all these kits. You may use/lose a little more product rolling and painting it on, but you should be fine. Start with the hard to reach places first then move to big flat spots.

· Registered
519 Posts
ymurf said:
Main thing is prep prep prep..I used the Duplicolor roll on and they sell rattle cans of it to which made it nice to get in corners and hard to reach places.Great for touch ups to.
I felt like it had a bad texture to it. Uneven and that it never really dried hard like herc. Maybe I had a bad batch

· Registered
1,597 Posts
I had great luck with Durabak. With it or any of the liners that have the granules and use the blue foam textured rollers be sure to get several extras. Paint store textured rollers don't work well with the stuff.

· Registered
1,000 Posts
Another vote AGAINST Dupi-color. I just used it and I am unhappy with the texture or lack thereof and the durability of it. Next time I will use HercUliner or Raptor.

· Registered
518 Posts
Al's - Al's - Al's... And PREP!

If you access to a compressor, or if you roll, Al's is fantastic. I've had Rhino, LineX and tried the Walmart stuff, but Al's just trashed them all.

Both Rhino and LineX needed repairs in my F250's and turned chalky over a relatively short time.

I sprayed in Al's - under hood, fenderwells and interior. It goes on THICK and stays somewhat flexible. It does not turn gray - even after a year when you wash it goes back to jet black.

We scaled all rust, treated with Prep-N-Etch from Home Depot and then degreased and wiped down all surfaces with denatured alcohol.

If you spray, Harbor Freight has a popcorn ceiling gun that looks suspisciously identical to the expensive spray unit all these guys push - for $9.99 with my coupon and off the sale table, I've sprayed all this stuff and still have over 2/3 of the third gallon left. I even painted the heaterbox with this stuff. Coat he inside of the gun with vasoline (really) let it dry in the gun and it pulls out like a sock. Virtually no cleanup.

Only drawback - it smells HORRIBLE while you are spraying. Wear an organic mask - even if you spray outside.

Results:

Attachments

· Registered
221 Posts
08JGCOilBurner said:
Al's - Al's - Al's... And PREP!

If you access to a compressor, or if you roll, Al's is fantastic. I've had Rhino, LineX and tried the Walmart stuff, but Al's just trashed them all.

Both Rhino and LineX needed repairs in my F250's and turned chalky over a relatively short time.

I sprayed in Al's - under hood, fenderwells and interior. It goes on THICK and stays somewhat flexible. It does not turn gray - even after a year when you wash it goes back to jet black.

We scaled all rust, treated with Prep-N-Etch from Home Depot and then degreased and wiped down all surfaces with denatured alcohol.

If you spray, Harbor Freight has a popcorn ceiling gun that looks suspisciously identical to the expensive spray unit all these guys push - for $9.99 with my coupon and off the sale table, I've sprayed all this stuff and still have over 2/3 of the third gallon left. I even painted the heaterbox with this stuff. Coat he inside of the gun with vasoline (really) let it dry in the gun and it pulls out like a sock. Virtually no cleanup.

Only drawback - it smells HORRIBLE while you are spraying. Wear an organic mask - even if you spray outside.

Results:
Tell me more about Al's coating. Who, what and where? I've never heard of them. Looks nice in your pic's thanks

· Registered
518 Posts
Here's the website: http://www.alsliner.com/

I get it at 4 Wheel Parts - it's often on sale for $99.00/gallon.

Great stuff.

· Registered
197 Posts
I just did my YJ tub that I have been refurbishing with Monstaliner.

I rolled it on, it can also be sprayed.

Got the kit, which includes everything you need minus rolling pan. Shipped to my door for $140.00.

Easy to apply, 1 gallon got me two good coats. It looks good..

· Registered
304 Posts
I was going to go Line-X but they are like $600!! I mean i want quality, but all you guys seem to not have problems with DIY....I thought about monstaliner, but this Al's liner is looking nice!

· Registered
674 Posts
Another vote for Raptor liner. You can get the kit on eBay for 120 shipped, and that includes a spray gun for use with an air compressor. You can also get the tintable version so you can match your paint, or go with a really crazy color. Same price. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.