5th - 0.78
Rev - 3.57

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: stock but it seems to do the job... blah blah blah........ok need to say more but not much else to say..

·
Registered
584 Posts
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Stock transmission, nothing special here as well. It gets the job done..........................................

·
Registered
1999 Jeep Sahara 4.0L 5spd
296 Posts
Price $450
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: So far so good, shifts great and no problems, just a bit noisy. Little bit of a rattle when you turn the jeep off. I pretty common, my friends does the same thing.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Price $25
Rating 5
Pros feels nice to shift
Cons noda
Recommended yes

Comments: I've only driven with it about 2,000 miles but it feels very nice and solid, not clunky at all. Compared to my YJ with the AX-5 the NV3550 has sorter throws and better defind shift gates. Don't get me wrong, the shifter still throws like a truck pattern but it's all good. :thumbsup: I plan on installing a hurst short throw to see how the pattern shortens up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Price $1500
Pros 5 speed
Cons Noisy start up.
Recommended yes

Comments: ...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Price $5
Pros Better than any of the Peugot tranny's
Cons Too noisy at idle. pops out of gear, stick's in 2nd when warm... Even with Royal Purple or Amsoil syncromesh
Recommended yes

Comments: Too noisy at idle. pops out of gear, stick's in 2nd when warm... Even with Royal Purple or Amsoil syncromesh.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Price $1200
Pros Heavy Duty for sure. nice low granny gear
Cons first gear is a real creepin gear, never for slick surfaces, rocks striclty
Recommended yes

Comments: Heavy Duty, now alls i want is the teralow 2WD kit for it ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Price $1
Pros I like the smooth shifting of the NV3550. It's precise and hard to mis-shift
Cons I would rather have a 6-speed, however there is aftermarket support for the 5-speed.
Recommended yes

Comments: My Jeep came with the NV3550 in it from the factory. It's very precise in shifting and almost never grinds. Very easy to get it moving from a stop, and hasn't failed me yet.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Price $1
Pros Aftermarket support, very smooth shifting
Cons It's not a 6-speed, and that's all I'm used to driving. I also noticed that I can shift into reverse from 5th without having to move it in neutral first.
Recommended yes

Comments: My Jeep came from the factory with the NV3550. Shifting is very easy and precise.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Price $1500
Pros Easy to assemble and Install
Cons Reman price
Recommended yes

Comments: Got the tranny from Advanced Adapters and so far am happy with the quality. Have not run it yet, but was benched and dyno'd by them. Very clean and all parts included and easy to install.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Price $1800
Pros perfect replacement for AX15 Manual
Cons none yet
Recommended yes

Comments: upgraded transmission from the stock AX15 manual when that one crapped out after 7years and 60k miles. Saw a forum post mentioning the NV3550 as a "must have upgrade" so i did it and very satisfied with the swap.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Price $10
Pros Comes attached to jeep
Cons comes attached to jeep
Recommended no

Comments: Slow and notchy for a trans with under 60K on it. But this ain't a Porsche so maybe I should shut up.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.