6,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Information
Price $400
Rating 4
Average Price $931.3
Manufacturer Jeep
Recommended Yes: 21 / No: 2

The NV242 provides full time 2-wheel, or 4-wheel drive operation. A differential in the transfer case is used to control torque transfer to the front and rear axles. A low range gear provides increased low speed torque capability for off road operation. The low range provides a 2.72:1 reduction ratio
The 2WD and 4x4 full time ranges can be used at any time and on any road surface. The 4x4 part-time and 4 Lo ranges are for off road use only. The only time these ranges can be used on hard surface roads, is when the surface is covered with snow and ice.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Great Tcase, my linkage lever is a bit out of line but still works well. Switching between 4FT and 2wd is seamless, and can be done at highway speeds

·
Registered
584 Posts
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Stock transfer case, nothing special here.......................................................................

·
Registered
73 Posts
Price $400
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: [No message]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Price $300
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: It is the stock 242 select trac but that is what was in it and I like the selection that I have with it. Needed replacing.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Price $400
Pros Can switch gears on the fly
Cons Got stuck in 4WD part time once
Recommended yes

Comments: This is a great transfer case. The only problem i had with it was it got stuck in 4WD part time once but it got fixed on its own.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Price $1
Pros Selec-Trac
Cons Finicky about sifting out of 4 sometimes
Recommended yes

Comments: Gets the job done. Won't be changing it out anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Price $600
Pros One of the best Jeep transfer cases out there. Offers the following modes:
2 Wheel High
4 Wheel Part Time
4 Wheel Full Time
4 Wheel Lo
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: An outstanding combination with this t/c would be quadra-drive axles for better capability offroad in a stock-type configuration.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Price $250
Pros always in 4wd, reliable, hardworking
Cons no 2wd mode
Recommended yes

Comments: Quadra-Trac works great. However, I wish it could be shifted out of 4WD sometimes for more performance. SelecTrac allows you to do this, however, Quadra-Trac does not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Price $12345
Pros Aweosme, great selection
Cons Nothing, just a high low range.
Recommended yes

Comments: I love this t-case beacuse of all the options and it is really heavy. 2HI, 4HI PART-TIME, 4HI FULL-TIME, NEUTRAL, 4LO. The low range is 2.73:1. I wold like 4:1 or at very least 3:1.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Price $150
Pros Strong, 5 selectable ranges
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: I6 242 in my V8, just needed to swap input shafts. Not front shaft yet so can't test.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.