Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
100% torque at any RPM.....
Its a rock crawlers wet dream.

Ill be following this.
Unless you are running around your own property, it sounds like "I ran out of charge and my friends had to tow the heavy pig back". If you want it for economy it might be one thing. If you want torque, install a diesel.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Stinking, rattling diesels out in the woods aint my thing. If one shows up to wheel with us, they have to be at the end of the line. And a new guy gets stuck being in front of them. Lol

On an average trip, we do about 10-15 miles. I burn about 10 gallons of gas, depending on terrain.
I think it could work.
Anything can work but you are talking many hundreds of pounds of batteries. Batteries are not cheap and they age. A good gas of diesel motor lasts many years and if you do not use it, it does not degrade like electric batteries will. If it is what you want, more power to you. I like the security of knowing that I can carry 5 gallons of fuel as a reserve for my 20 gallon tank and I will be able to make it back to the road even after a long day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.