Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Huge thank you! Appreciate the time you took to put this together. Perfect timing as I will be installing Jeep Air in a month or two.

One question I have. As I will be getting their Heat + AC System, I'm assuming that the large OEM heater box under the dash gets removed?
Yes for the heat/ac unit the entire heater system needs to be removed. The fresh air box can be removed as it is unused afterward, I kept mine and only the drain hose was in the way, I made it work. Here is my install on that exact setup.
https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/jeep-air-ac-heater-install-4423729/

·
Registered
141 Posts
Anyone had any fittment issues. I ordered mine from Jeepair a few years ago and I'm just now able to install it. The blower motor is hitting the fresh air housing. I have a factory one to compare it to. The Jeepair blower motor sits back about an inch further than the factory unit.
Forgive my ignorance if I am wrong please but I was under the impression that the old unit was to removed in its entirety before installing the JeepAir system? Meaning the factory fresh air box/duct was no longer necessary. Am I right or wrong? I don't see how they would hookup anyway
For the Heater/AC system the entire heater system gets pulled out, but the instructions doesn't include removing the fresh air box (from memory), in fact, the kit includes a cap for the vent. I ripped it out and used a sheet of aluminum to seal up under the cowl. I angled the unit to give a better angle for use. I also modified the brackets to flush mount the unit under the dash for a better look. See my install thread for more detail if needed. https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/jeep-air-ac-heater-install-4423729/

What is the typical cost for a shop to crimp the hose fittings? Is there a decent crimping tool that would be worth the money instead?
The place I went charged $5 per crimp. They did tell me if they would give me a deal since they were doing quite a bit for me, the normal price was $10 per crimp. Most hydraulic hose shops can do it. I used tape to hold it in the position I wanted and used a marker to mark the location just in case it shifted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.