Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Price $500
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: Well, I hear its good. I have driven GC's with it & it feels nice, it is sitting in my jeep, I just havent driven it yet - lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Price $500
Rating 1
Recommended yes

Comments: this is my second transmission and it would have been a great one if i didnt forget the computer under the dash, its bad now.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: it works... no complaints... would like a 6 spd... maybe when i swap to a diesel

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Rating 3
Recommended no

Comments: good but low end clunk when shifting between two and three and letting off the gas. Slips on sharp turns sometimes

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Only issue i had was i needed to replace the pressure sensor and solenoid, which were difficult to find. it shifts smooth and has put up with my abusive driving so far

·
Registered
11,526 Posts
Price $0.01
Rating 4
Pros has over drive.

good transmission
Cons sometimes slips into a turn.

Loves OD
Recommended no

Comments: It is a decent tranny. I feel that it is paired with an underpowered engine though. And it loves over drive but that doesnt really bother me because you can just turn the OD off

·
Registered
128 Posts
Price $0.1
Pros came with the jeep, good in stop an go traffic, don't have to shift while wheeling
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: Don't have much to say about it. Gear shift cable came disconnected when the piece that holds it to the transmission broke. No idea why that happened. Otherwise it has been good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Price $1
Pros It held up to the previous owner using it as a tow rig for 22ft boats in his yard for 5 years.
Cons It held the shift until you let up on the gas or gambled on the high RPMs on the motor.
Recommended no

Comments: What more can I say? It didn't break down, but it wasn't awesome either. It was a very reliable weak transmission.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Price $1200
Pros High overdrive ratio, smooth shifts
Cons Picky with its fluid, torque converter locks up too much
Recommended yes

Comments: Many people hate this transmission, but I like it. The .69 OD ratio allows me to regear to really low gears and still turn a decent rpm on the highway. As far as reliability, my friend has one in his TJ with 180k with no problems.

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
Price $16500
Pros Auto with overdrive
Cons overdrive a lil weak.
Recommended yes

Comments: I purchased the jeep about 5 months ago. 3 days after i installed my 33's and the jeep still has 3.73 gearing. Up to about 50 the overdrive does fine with the 33's but on the express way i turn it off as it is a little annoying sometimes with hills and the cruise control on. All in all i recommend this tranny when you look, it is not the dog everyone says it is.

·
This post/info=my opinion
24,202 Posts
Price $1
Pros Heavy paperweight
Cons piece of crap.
Recommended no

Comments: 1. Piece of crap transmission.
2. rebuilt under warranty, still a piece of crap.
3. shift points are horrible
4. not reliable
5. proper maintenance doesn't help, your best bet is to drive it till it dies, which wont be long.
6. worst transmission jeep ever put in a wrangler
7. does not belong behind a 4.0L

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.