272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Information
Price $364.99
Rating 3
Average Price $358.33
Manufacturer JBA
Recommended Yes: 2 / No: 1

If you own a Jeep powered by the 4.0L I-6, you know that it is a solid dependable powerplant. Depending on what year vehicle you have, you may also know that it is short on power and torque and has a tendancy to crack exhaust manifolds. JBA has spent countless hours developing and testing the ultimate solution for these power and durability challenges. JBA's unique headers designes are crafted from the highest grade materials to ensure lasting performance for your Jeep. The head flange is a one-piece design that is CNC laser cut from 1/2" steel plate to guarantee a tight seal with the head. JBA's collector features a 3/8" flange secured with a 360 degree weld for maximum strength. Each kit includes high quality hardware and gaskets for a professional no-leak installation. Don't settle for low grade materials and inferior designs.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Price $364.99
Rating 3
Recommended no

Comments: Install was a complete ***** to do on my '03 wrangler. Took me and my brother about 7 hours to do. The bolts that hold are the intake and exhaust manifolds weren't to difficult to get off. But putting them back on after putting the new header on were nearly impossible. Someone with long skinny arms is the only way to get two of the lower bolts. I would not do this install again because the benefits aren't worth it. I will say there is a (slight) noticeable increase in 5th gear power on the freeway.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Price $340
Pros great track record avoiding cracking
better port alignment and size for improved flow
Cons none yet
Recommended yes

Comments: Purchased this on the recommendation of Chad Golen of Golen Engines for use on my 4.6L Stroker. JBA are the only exhaust manifolds he recommends as they have not had issues with them cracking like the other munufacturers. Also a much better price. Just installed. Will update after some miles/time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.