Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
so i ended up doing a ton of work today. pretty much all small stuff getting it ready to go but either way i put like 8 hours into the thing today

i added my inner steering box brace and got rid of the lugnuts the po was using as spacers as well as put in all new hardware.

buttoned up the rear tie ins for my front bumper.

made an extension for my rear brake line

put in my rear bumpstop, ordering the other one right now as i either lost the other one or never ordered it.

moved my shackles back a hole in my relocation brackets.

installed new washer pump.

and welded my exhaust all up, wait until you see this craziness lol.

and last i took apart my hatch the other day to fix my handle. when i closed the hatch it wouldnt open. i figure i messed something up and i had the back of the xj filled with crap so i couldnt get to the hatch from inside so i cut off the two bolts holding the striker in. i open it up and come to find out it wouldnt open because i never plugged the electric lock back in. now i gotta drill out the striker bolts and bolt it back in lol. my ******* never tried the key lol.

tomorrow im gotta get some more welding wire, an exhaust tip to turn the exhaust port down and extend it a few more inches so its not blowing straight into my rocker lol, reinstall my front drive shaft and run a new breather for the front diff.

then its finish the drivers side slider and start on the passenger side. i really gotta get them dont before the 21st cause i get the feeling i am going to need my sliders for rocktoberfest...

·
Registered
274 Posts
i think a lot of people havent seen my build thread as there are pages of me just posting to myself lol. the axles were def unplanned but 4doorxj gave me a good deal so i couldnt pass em up. and yea ive seen that paint scheme somewhere before lol. yours looks good, what size lift are you running. i feel like if i parked mine next to yours the only discernible difference would be its a 2 door.lol
lol, yeah i hear ya, and don't blame ya i would have jumped on that deal too. My lift is the Rock Krawler 6.5" 3-link LA. And i am running the 33x12.50 BFG KM1's. I feel like my rear is sagging a little bit but not really noticeable. Right now i need to work on my steering as well. I have a durango box in and a M.O.R.E. brace in my garage, but would like to do some sort of crossover/1 ton set up. But thanks man. Yours is gonna be a beast! :highfive:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
lol, yeah i hear ya, and don't blame ya i would have jumped on that deal too. My lift is the Rock Krawler 6.5" 3-link LA. And i am running the 33x12.50 BFG KM1's. I feel like my rear is sagging a little bit but not really noticeable. Right now i need to work on my steering as well. I have a durango box in and a M.O.R.E. brace in my garage, but would like to do some sort of crossover/1 ton set up. But thanks man. Yours is gonna be a beast! :highfive:
ah id def be a little shorter in the front, but my rear sits higher. i wish i could afford a 3 link right now but its just too much. i think im gonna look into some radius arms and a nice crossmember after i get all this other stuff finished. probably try to find something over the winter.

that durango box swap looks sweet tho. i have been thinking about it for a few weeks now. dont think im quite to the hydro assist area just yet.

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
Wtf never seen that bumper before. It seems cool but robs sider protection no? Would be awesome to fit a winch behind the center section and just put the fairlead in the cross member. Approach angle FTW!
go on naxja lol, the guy makes one of those, its sick. i think its under the vendor advertisements

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
so i ended up doing a ton of work today. pretty much all small stuff getting it ready to go but either way i put like 8 hours into the thing today

i added my inner steering box brace and got rid of the lugnuts the po was using as spacers as well as put in all new hardware.

buttoned up the rear tie ins for my front bumper.

made an extension for my rear brake line

put in my rear bumpstop, ordering the other one right now as i either lost the other one or never ordered it.

moved my shackles back a hole in my relocation brackets.

installed new washer pump.

and welded my exhaust all up, wait until you see this craziness lol.

and last i took apart my hatch the other day to fix my handle. when i closed the hatch it wouldnt open. i figure i messed something up and i had the back of the xj filled with crap so i couldnt get to the hatch from inside so i cut off the two bolts holding the striker in. i open it up and come to find out it wouldnt open because i never plugged the electric lock back in. now i gotta drill out the striker bolts and bolt it back in lol. my ******* never tried the key lol.

tomorrow im gotta get some more welding wire, an exhaust tip to turn the exhaust port down and extend it a few more inches so its not blowing straight into my rocker lol, reinstall my front drive shaft and run a new breather for the front diff.

then its finish the drivers side slider and start on the passenger side. i really gotta get them dont before the 21st cause i get the feeling i am going to need my sliders for rocktoberfest...
lol, your gonna need that slider:D

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
lol, your gonna need that slider:D
i figure that much. i gotta make sure i dont bang up the non existant frame too much. its gonna be a helluva lot different wheelin this rig than it was my yota...this one actually has modifications lol.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
oh yea i forgot to mention. i changed my plugs and wires cause they were old as hell. pulled out 3 different spark plugs, autolites, champions, and bosch's. i replaced everything with the tried and true copper champions and its running better than ever.

i also welded in shorts yesterday, bad idea i have some serious sunburn all over the inside of my knees. even better the rain is back today so that puts my work on hold again.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nah man the durango box is a huge differance, no need for hydro. It is very stout and smooth turning the bigger tires.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Nah man the durango box is a huge differance, no need for hydro. It is very stout and smooth turning the bigger tires.
i agree, i have a pretty new xj box in there right now tho so im just gonna kill that before i upgrade. honestly i think with the 33x10.5 is see no difference from when i had 31x10.5.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't either. Help that is why I upgraded, I had to, lol

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
passenger side is fully cut, slider is boxed up and ready to go in on tuesday. thats my last day off before rocktoberfest so i gotta pull something out of my *** to get everything accomplished.

i still gotta get a lil dry ice to keep my stuff cold for a few days...and go food shopping and get a few more odds and ends. anyone know when wal mart stopped selling action packers. i need to get another one.

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
I love that 5th picture dude.

Found a video of your jeep, thought it would be neccesary for the build thread haha

141 - 156 of 156 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.