Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
41 - 60 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
so i have been idle for a bit but have gotten some work done on the jeep, iro hack and tap is in with my refurbed front shaft is in. both hard brake lines have been replaced up front, along with new extended ss soft lines. i never got to the rear. not getting to the rear lines was probably not a good thing as after i bled the brakes and replaced that god awful slip yoke ds that exploded a few weeks back, i decided to drive down the street to see how everything felt and well that rear hardline exploded and it sounded like a gun went off inside the jeep lol. now to replaced that and get my blue top optima and my work for this year is complete, then its off finally to the trans shop for a new clutch kit, and to put in the nice ax15 thats sitting in my shed.

edit-pictures tonight

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
so for a brief update, the jeep was all done, or so i thought, work wise for this year. i finished the new brakes all around, optima blue top, and sent it to the trans shop to swap the trans and replace the clutch. got it back and finished the shocks, everything was great.

So we had that large storm the past few days and i had been using it to get to work, well low and behold the exhaust falls off in the parking lot at work, then i lose both upper shock mounts for my front shocks on the way home. to make matters worse my death wobble is back with a vengeance, i have no idea how as nothing has changed up front at all since it was in the shop last year for passenger side ball joints and a u joint, alignment, and new wheels and tires. i ****ing pissed as **** as i worked my *** off all year to finally have it for the winter and well its back off the road. Im literally sick of this thing and wish i had my 87 4runner back, oh well i guess friday is going to be a work on the jeep all day instead of go offroading for the first time since i bought this thing a year back.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
ordering up a new iro double shear trac bar and tie rod on friday. hoping that this will help cope with some of the dw that i have been getting at 55mph. should i be looking at a drop pitman arm as well and if so how much drop. im currently at about 3 inches to 3.25 in the front, going up to about 4.25 shortly.

in a few weeks im also gonna pick up some iro 4 inch front coils, new spring isolators, and leaf spring relocation brackets to get myself to about 4.25 up front and 4.5 in the back.

then after that it will be ironman4x4 control arms fixed uppers and adjustable lowers.

·
Registered
383 Posts
it sucks that you have to deal with all that rust. i have some rust issues to take care of myself. its going to look sick when its all done. lifted 2 door xj's look badass

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
it sucks that you have to deal with all that rust. i have some rust issues to take care of myself. its going to look sick when its all done. lifted 2 door xj's look badass
yea the rust is a pain, but i dont think its gonna be too bad. im gonna cut a lot of it out once the summer comes, and well I dont DD this vehicle so perfection is not key here, pretty much just functionality.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
so im pulling the trigger on some new shoes for the jeep, im picking up 4doorxj's 33 x 10.5 x 15 bfg km's as well as i just picked up some pro comp steelies for 125 off of cl. my gf's jeep got my pretty much brand new 31 inch general at2's with cragar soft 8's, i think i had put a total of 1000 miles at the most on em lol.

so i was about to buy the iro tie rod upgrade but i keep second guessing myself as to whether i should just replace my drag link with a new one and upgrade my tie rod, or should i just go with the iro otk steering system. i know the new otk setup would be nice, but is it necessary? i plan to run 4 inches up front with 33's for the most part.

i also almost picked up alloy shafts for my 8.25 even tho i plan on trying to find a new one, mine leaks pretty bad out of the pinion seal, and i think i can find one in a yard for under 200 bucks, hopefully with 4.10's, then i just have to find a front with 4.10's

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
No pics of your new goods?? Your slackin man hahahaha, jk of course.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
No pics of your new goods?? Your slackin man hahahaha, jk of course.
just got em mounted and balanced today, and pictures ofcourse.

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
Damn, a wheel a tire combo can completely change the look of a rig, looks great man!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Damn, a wheel a tire combo can completely change the look of a rig, looks great man!
for sure, my rig looked like a play toy with those 30's on there, the 33's make a huge difference. gained a lot of clearance i didnt have before and also realized that my one jack is now pretty much useless because of the size of the tires, just means i can finally buy and nice suv jack that doesnt take 45 pumps to finally get a tire off the ground lol.

gonna start working on cleaning up around the rear shackle mounts and probably install the relocators on wednesday provided its not freezing out again. my hands really took a beating working on the jeep on saturday.

i do need to get new upper shock bushings again!!! this is my third set, the poly is fine but i couldnt find any poly ones so i bought rubber and well they just get destroyed in about a week of driving, i think they are a lil small so they dont work very well, currently using some old poly bushings i took out of my shackles when i redid the rear suspension.

·
Banned
81 Posts
Interesting build. Nice job of rust control on your 2dr. You ought to shoot it over to the "Jeep Build" section on the main Jeep Forum page for more users to view instead of just the XJ technical section.
:banana::bacon::carrot::pickle:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Omg its a 2 door version of mine! same color and same tires except mine are the 12.50 .. Looks great man, I think me and 2doorxj are running like 3 or 4 inches of bumpstops up front on 33s, have you bumpstopped yet? Im cut and folded in the rear and dont ever come close to rubbing with the stock bumpstops, i think my leafs stop the uptravel at a certain point but idk as long as my new km2s dont rub hahhaa again man THE JEEP LOOKS SEXY!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Looks good.
thanks dude

Interesting build. Nice job of rust control on your 2dr. You ought to shoot it over to the "Jeep Build" section on the main Jeep Forum page for more users to view instead of just the XJ technical section.
:banana::bacon::carrot::pickle:
yea the rust can be a bear,i still gotta do a lot more rust proofing and removing lol. i guess i really should move it, always wondered why i didnt get nearly as many replies, also it probably cause i dont post up enough pictures and everyone love pics. can i move it to a different section or can that only be done by a mod?

Omg its a 2 door version of mine! same color and same tires except mine are the 12.50 .. Looks great man, I think me and 2doorxj are running like 3 or 4 inches of bumpstops up front on 33s, have you bumpstopped yet? Im cut and folded in the rear and dont ever come close to rubbing with the stock bumpstops, i think my leafs stop the uptravel at a certain point but idk as long as my new km2s dont rub hahhaa again man THE JEEP LOOKS SEXY!!
you didnt happen to be up at okauto last year during their spring sale or whatever parked right next to me around the big rock mound? i have not bumpstopped yet as the PO took all the bumpstops off the vehicle, so im gonna run some extended fronts and rears, i could really easily rub both the front and rear right now if i went offroading. my rear is cut and folded, and my front is trimmed a lot, i do have to pound the one pinch seam in the front wheel well over so i dont make contact with that and move my horn and jeep egg off my bumper so i can trim that down as well.

lookin great man, i love the c4x4 bumper. thanks alot
im glad you dig it man, its one beefy bumper and it didnt really serve much of a purpose to me cause i wasnt going to use it. chris said that was pretty much exactly what you were looking for so im glad it worked out well for both of us, i got my 33's, you got a nice winch bumper, and well chris got money to do more mods lol.

on a side not im still pondering my current steering situation, and well jcr is doing a 15% off sale so depending on what i have left after i pay my bills this month i might buy the utk 1 ton from them.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
so i have sold a few jeep things that i had no plan on using and thus freed up some funds for some more jeep fun. picking up some 3 inch f/r re extended bumps, and i just won the bidding on some used ironmanfab4x4 adjustable uppers and lowers in good condition.

next up is a new trac bar, 4.5 inch coils. i guess my 3 inch lift shocks will probably have to be replaced as well.

i will also be addressing the steering as well, just still have not figured out what i want to do just yet.

pictures as soon as i have them

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
more toys came in this weekend and today.

springs, shackle relocation brackets and tracbar are all in the makeshift paint booth right now, but these came in the mail today...

ironmanfab4x4 adj upper and lowers. picked em up on ebay for 200 shipped, seller took forever to ship but im still happy to have paid about half price for them.
and since i dont think i had posted it up before but i did talk about it, my new, well kinda new have had it since the end of last year, entertainment setup.

41 - 60 of 156 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.