Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
No pics of your new goods?? Your slackin man hahahaha, jk of course.

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
Damn, a wheel a tire combo can completely change the look of a rig, looks great man!

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
Looks sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im glad to see your jeep really coming together, looks like you need a bigger RTI ramp hahaha. Hows it ride with those coils?

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
yea im trying, i wanna have it all done to go to rausch when you guys are going next month, but this snow today kinda messed those plans up.

i do need a bigger ramp lol. i found a pretty good spot at shoprite where my brother works.

as for how the springs ride, i think they are a little bit bouncy but i only drove like a mile with them on cause i still need to align the front axle and center the steering wheel.

just debating the purchase of a steering setup now.
If your in a rush just get a v8 grand cherokee tie rod, otherwise my JCR setup is nice, and if you needed help putting it on, i could help you out, and i already have the reamer.

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
yea i remember you showing me it and then i looked it up online and that thing is not cheap lol. im still debating what to do but i do have my eyes on the jcr kit esp with their 15 percent off sale going on.

i still gotta get those shackle boxes on they are all painted up but i didnt have enough time on saturday, was planning on putting em on today but now we have 4 inches of snow up here and im not doing a damn thing lol.
Of course it snows on the first day of spring, if you ever make it up in north jersey again, ill have to show you a really fun wheeling spot, me and my friend Anthony (4doorxj), went to today.

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
Hey man, i know its kind of short notice, but me, 4doorxj, xgarfx (possibly) , jhf56, and 96whitezj, are going to rausch next weekend, we'll be wheeling saturday morining, just wanted to know if you could make it, its gonna be a real fun time!

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
i was really trying to have it ready to go with you guys but with the crappy weather i havent been able to get nearly as much work done as i want to. that and my steering situation is not finished yet and i need to get these jamb nuts loose on my control arms to extend them another inch on my upper and half inch on my lower to fix my pinion angle and push the axle forward so my tnt trac bar bracket stops making contact with the bar itself.

i will be working diligently on it on saturday actually and then hopefully i can get it on some trails once i get back from vacation in early may.

also just ordered a new tie rod from iro, and have a new drag link and all new tre's ready to go in, just waiting on my tie rod to get here.

also picked up a used dynomax cat back. i think im just gonna use the muffler and then put a small turndown or side exit on it. but for 65 bucks ill take it as its almost new.
Alright, we will be going again in may, so ill be sure to let you know.:2thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
had today off so i did some more work on the jeep, just some light stuff.

i welded my exhaust which i then found out is about 6 inches too short lol. i guess the person i bought it from cut a section out. which makes sense but i didnt notice until i had welded the muffler to the tailpipe section. no bigge gonna pick up an adapter to go from the cat to the muffler and weld it to the muffler and clamp it to the cat.

also mounted up my c4x4 tow hooks. ill be honest it was kind of a pain in the *** to do. most places a wrench would not fit well, stubby or regular size and i dunno it took me way longer than i planned lol. i was playing basketball with my sisters some of the time too lol. i suck at basketball lol.

just waiting for my tie rod to come in from iro and then i should be set. only things left to do before i can wheel this bad boy is to fix my caster angle by extending my uppers and lowers and simultaneously push my axle forward about and inch. then weld up my drivers side floor and replace all the crappy hardware i put in for my control arms with stronger metric bolts. i used 8.8 grade and i think i should upgrade to 10.9 grade. then i plan on wheeling the piss out this mother.pictures of how it currently sits in a bit.
Thats what im talkin about!:cheers:

Hopefully you can make it to rausch next month!

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
Nice dude, looks 10000 times better with the side painted like that! Hopefully you can make it up to rausch next time around, i was there last weekend and i had a blast!

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
well unfortunetly as fun as it was building this thing lol, its gonna have to go. i now have a company vehicle and cant have three vehicles at my house. currently contemplating selling the xj and the si and getting a new tacoma.
Ill hold onto it for you, until you realize that you want it back.

But seriously man, that sucks :(

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
so i picked up a ford 8.8 and a hp d30 courtesy of 2doorxj.

hp30 has a aussie locker, new brakes, etc.

8.8 has rebuilt posi.

rear should be getting cleaned up and going in on tuesday. hp 30 is going to need some changes so i will be working on that for a few days until that is ready to go in.
Np pics of your new axles???

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
Dude, jeep looks awesome!

I bet its damn capable too, locked front, beefy rear axle, beefy steering, beefy control arms, shackle relocation.

Cant wait to wheel with you so we could test out our jeeps capablilties.

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
try moving your shackles to the next hole back, they look like the angle is too high.

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
Lookin SICK!!!

That reminds me, i still need to get a tent...or i might just get a cabin.

I love that front bumper btw

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
Wtf never seen that bumper before. It seems cool but robs sider protection no? Would be awesome to fit a winch behind the center section and just put the fairlead in the cross member. Approach angle FTW!
go on naxja lol, the guy makes one of those, its sick. i think its under the vendor advertisements

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
so i ended up doing a ton of work today. pretty much all small stuff getting it ready to go but either way i put like 8 hours into the thing today

i added my inner steering box brace and got rid of the lugnuts the po was using as spacers as well as put in all new hardware.

buttoned up the rear tie ins for my front bumper.

made an extension for my rear brake line

put in my rear bumpstop, ordering the other one right now as i either lost the other one or never ordered it.

moved my shackles back a hole in my relocation brackets.

installed new washer pump.

and welded my exhaust all up, wait until you see this craziness lol.

and last i took apart my hatch the other day to fix my handle. when i closed the hatch it wouldnt open. i figure i messed something up and i had the back of the xj filled with crap so i couldnt get to the hatch from inside so i cut off the two bolts holding the striker in. i open it up and come to find out it wouldnt open because i never plugged the electric lock back in. now i gotta drill out the striker bolts and bolt it back in lol. my ******* never tried the key lol.

tomorrow im gotta get some more welding wire, an exhaust tip to turn the exhaust port down and extend it a few more inches so its not blowing straight into my rocker lol, reinstall my front drive shaft and run a new breather for the front diff.

then its finish the drivers side slider and start on the passenger side. i really gotta get them dont before the 21st cause i get the feeling i am going to need my sliders for rocktoberfest...
lol, your gonna need that slider:D

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
I love that 5th picture dude.

Found a video of your jeep, thought it would be neccesary for the build thread haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.