46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Information
Price $199
Rating 5
Average Price $244.67
Manufacturer Iron Rock Off Road
Recommended Yes: 6 / No: 0
Company website http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-X_HNT

A hack 'n tap style slip yoke eliminator from Iron Rock Off Road. This kit uses a yoke, rather than a flange, differentiating it from the Rubicon Express hack 'n tap.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Price $219
Rating 5
Pros ~ Relatively inexpensive ~ Complete package ~ Great customer service
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought the IROR HNT SYE that included the fixed yoke, refurbished DS, and the drill bits and tap. The kit also came with the 4 bolts required to remove the TC drop, which was a nice surprise. The quality of the refurbished shaft seems to be excellent, especially since it only costs $80. The DS had all new greasable Spicer U-joints.

The installation instructions were good, but I called IROR a couple different times to ask questions. Their customer service was great and their tech people seemed very experienced and answered all of my questions easily and clearly.

The kit was easy to install (pretty similar to any other HNT) and I did it by myself in an un-level rocky driveway in about 3.5 hours.

I chose this kit for the ease of installation (I don't have the tools or confidence to open my TC), good price, and largely because it uses a yoke rather than a flange.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Price $220
Rating 5
Pros Works exactly as intended, easy to install, cheap
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Got this kit when I jumped up to 5.5" of lift. Does exactly what it is meant to do. The refurbed DS is strong enough for anything just as IRO states. Landed on it just last weekend and it held up perfectly, minus the new candycane stripes I have on it now.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Price $270
Rating 5
Pros easy install, strong, new u joints, great product
Cons no cons :)
Recommended yes

Comments: i drive a tj... but just installed this on a buddys xj with a dana 44 and rc 6in long arm

works great. Its cheap ,strong AND... highly reccomended!!!!:2thumbsup:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Price $200
Pros Easy install, instructions, and great customer service.
Cons None so far.
Recommended yes

Comments: This with a combination of axle shims solved my problems. Great product and well refurbished drive shaft. IRO made the HNT easy.

·
-N7PBJ
1,375 Posts
Price $360
Pros Easy install, new driveline instead of JY parts
Cons None so far
Recommended yes

Comments: The IRO hack-n-tap has the advantage of using a stock front d/l for the rear. This allows the user (me) to cover both ends with one trail spare.

Add that to the fact that there are damn few SYE kits of any kind for the 242 and this one is very reasonably priced, ya' can't really go wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.