Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
how would it conect? I'm not going to blue tooth my winch
most likely there would be an arduino with an xbee , bluetooth or wifi shield. iphone app would tell the arduino (microcontroller) the commands and then the output pins on it would attach to the fog/headlight/winch relays.

perfectcircle - you should have the guy who is making the app post it up to hackaday.com it would certainly get published....

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Heres a video of it

Motor Swap :: MVI_0566.flv video by dtcb70 - Photobucket

controls door lock/unlock,Remote start,Front & rear locker,Front sway bar disconnect,Front & rear fog lights,On board air compressor &
Winch

It will provide data back from:
3 axis accelerometer - to determine orientation
Wide band O2
Transmission temp
awesome! and i knew it! the breadboad in the top portion of the frame looks like it has a freeduino epic controlling everything

·
Registered
5,635 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
i'd like to have a remote for my winch. but I can't think of one time where I was using my winch and thought it a good idea to reach in my pocket and handle my phone (read muddy hands)

·
Registered
851 Posts
and they dont make a winch that shoots straight out and hooks itself to an object yet, orrrrr is Apple getting into that with there new gadget that comes out in a couple of months:confused:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.