Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have just bought my first Jeep, a brand new Grand Cherokee CRD 3.0.

Here in Australia we call it a WH, I believe in the US you call them a WK model.

I am very interested in performance chips, etc. for the CRD.

:wave:

Jack

· Bought, not built.
2007 Diesel Grand Cherokee
800 Posts
Anyone know whether the 07 crd fuel filter has the water sensor or not?

Germanfilters has 'em with & without.

· Bought, not built.
2007 Diesel Grand Cherokee
800 Posts
CRD Fuel Filter.

To answer my own question.
The filter has a space for the sensor, it doesn't come with one. So you have to buy a filter that's only for models with optional water sensor.

· Registered
11 Posts
Just found this group, but not new to Jeeps or CRD's. Had a Liberty CRD which I loved, except for killing my back doing a lot of highway driving. Traded it in for (I think the first in WI) GC CRD in April 2007. Have about 31,000 on it now, no major issues. Trans does seem to "clunk" a lot shifting from F to R or vice versa, almost sounds like a U joint, but they say they are fine.

BTW: WHERE does one find the fuel filter on this beast, and is it easily changed at home?

DW

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
Glad I found this forum for just the GC CRD! I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a cold air intake system? I cannot find one anywhere!
Thanks

2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II
2007 GC SRT8
2008 GC Limited 2x4 CRD (Fiancees)
2008 GC Overland 4x4 CRD

· Registered
19 Posts
[/FONT]

Frog... I have seen the following system, not sure if anyone has installed it.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQJeepQQGrand_CherokeeQQAiraidQQCold_Air_IntakeQQ20052008QQA86310178.html

I'm running a K&N air filter in my stock box and have been pretty happy with it.

Just a small introduction... I'm new to the Forum and my CRD is my first jeep purchase, come from a long family of Jeep Owners (esp WK's). Proud to be part of the oil burner community.

Best,

-CG

· Registered
30 Posts
Thought I would introduce myself as well. I am a new owner of 08 CRD overland and lifted it immediately to get it back to the reason I like JEEP in the first place. Love the vehicle and looking forward to contributing any experiences and helpful comments with other forum members.

· Registered
62 Posts
Greetings from Chicago, Illinois! I have a 2008 Limited 4WD that I love. It will have its 1 year birthday on December 30. It has 16,000 miles. I love the vehicle. My only disappointment is not with the vehicle, but rather the price of diesel. I know I took a gamble but was hoping that it would go below the price of gasoline.

· Registered
22 Posts
HELLO
I am Buying a 2008 CRD limited i hope next week. I have done my home work i feel on the orange intake leaking seal that does in your swirl motor and getting a filter for your CCV or catch can. Hope i can find one with the upgraded black seal for peace of mind. any other things i should look for on this model. I cant wait!

· Registered
60 Posts
Hey all. Im new to forum and this group. I just bought an 08 CRD Overland out of St. Louis. I'm in Charlotte, NC and it hasn't arrived here yet. I really can't wait to jump in the driver's seat. Test drove one about a year and a half ago and loved the torque, and have been looking for just the right one to buy since. Lately, I've been combing over your forum looking for things to watch out (like the swirl issue and the crank position sensor) for and tuning tips. I'd like to chip the motor at some point and have a history with Bullydog products, but have been reading great things about the GDE mod - so I'll have to do some more digging. Anyway, thanks for having me. Thanks for all the information. Can't wait to dig in to this Jeep.

Chris

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.