Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I own a 2003 Jeep Wrangler. I am dealing with an issue that happened today after installing my KC 4’ rally lights. I picked up a wire harness from harbor freight and me and my buddy spliced and put the wires together to my original wire harness to make the installation faster and easier. Lights work and everything. After I installed these lights, I was driving my jeep to the gym and I noticed my turn signal and hazards were not working. When I came to a complete stop, they worked again. When I even had the lights on, they worked at a complete stop. When I would drive it would glitch for one second and then not work at all. I’m wondering if I burned a fuse and the other part I’m thinking is if the signal on the lights is too strong. Please leave any suggestions or ideas if you guys have any! I also had LED spot lights on previously and I’m just lost and confused at this point.

·
Registered
04 TJ Sport / 5.3LS / RS5000X / 3.73
456 Posts
I picked up a wire harness from harbor freight and me and my buddy spliced and put the wires together to my original wire harness to make the installation faster and easier.
This is where you are currently setting.......

Font Circle Technology Diagram Brand

I’m wondering if I burned a fuse
Blown fuse = No current flow.
If the lights come on when stopped, how could a fuse be blown?
Just check the fuses. Simple.

and the other part I’m thinking is if the signal on the lights is too strong.
Signal too strong? Are you referring to voltage? Current?
What you're asking makes no sense. A signal would be referring to data being carried over a wire.

Lights do not receive any signals.

If you do not have a basic understanding of electricity, then I suggest that you stop this project until you do. Electrical safety is not a joke.
This is not meant to discourage you BTW. We all have to learn these things for the first time at some point, but not like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
At this point you may want to disconnect the KC lights and see if the hazards and turn signals work.
You may have caused more problems splicing into other wiring.
Once you get the hazards and turn signals working again then from scratch wire the new KC lights using there own relay and switch.
Also get your hands on a basic multimeter and watch a quick YT video on how to check DC voltage. This is invaluable for troubleshooting any basic car electrical problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.