Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, today my Jeep stopped. It wasn't getting fuel from the in tank pump. It's a 2007 WH/WK. Now, the pump is working, I can hear it. What I did though was a stupid thing. I kept getting a"P0087" low fuel rail pressure. Ive been all over this car. Everything has been changed. When it's cold, I don't have a single problem with it. As soon as reaches operating temp and I floor it, as soon as it hit 3,500rpm,lightning bolt.. Read codes, P0087 comes up, "low fuel rail pressure, bank 1. So, idiot me pinches the return line and she stops..
.I have no fuel, even from the breather on top of the fuel filter.
The fuel pump is working. What I'm assuming is a hose has come off the pump. Easily fixed.

My question is, has anyone fitted an external pump? Like a VL Holden pump? To me, it would be a better idea
Use a better filter etc.
That's sort of my plan at the moment.
I bought the car cheap because it had been to 6 mechanics that pump was, replaced and I'm guessing they didn't tighten the hoses properly. But what a bit of a pain, dropping the tank on the side of the road..

So, has anybody ever done this?
2007 WH CRD..

I can't see a problem ..

·
Registered
1974 Jeep CJ-6
6,017 Posts
You can, it was common for a while to swap to the Liberty CRD fuel can as they ran an external pump and the can gave you the pickup, return and sending unit, but it now looks like the replacements are an intank lift pump. It looks like most have gone to replacing the fuel can with the late model ram diesel part. lostjeeps.com has a pretty decent amount of info on the CRD in the Liberty and Grand models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts