Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all.

I'm new here and was wondering if it's "kosher" to ask for mechanics in a certain area.

I have a 1990(ish) (Long story) Cherokee, 4.0

I am thinking that my harmonic balancer is going out but do not know how to tell.
If so, I am now in a physical position, where I am no longer able to work on my Jeep (much) anymore.

4 years ago, a friend and I replaced a failed HB with the one that is in there now. My friend passed away shortly after so I am no longer (for blatantly obvious reasons) able to ask for his assist.
I am in the Tacoma, WA area and would like to find a good mech. that might be able to lend me a hand. Would also pay. I can also turn a wrench myself, just frustratingly so, not for very long.
Is this a possibility? AND is this even allowed on these Threads? I was not able to find anything that referenced this anywhere. But pleas do pardon, if I may have overlooked something.
Thanks all, in advance. : ) -EB

·
Premium Member
13,724 Posts
I moved this thread to the Washington State forum section where it's most likely to be seen by people in your area. Good luck with that jeep!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks chris87xj for getting this Thread, where it needs to be. : )

Another thank you to 1982cj8, for the direction. MUCH appreciated. : ) I would love to find a hobbyist that is close by, that might be able to lend a hand and a little time.

I am willing to help and to pay (as stated) for any work done.

I've replaced my belt, in hopes that it was just "old" but it silenced her for ONE ~40 mile run.

THEN the noise came back. :p see this Thread for more details: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/loud-squeel-new-belt-water-pump-thermostat-906335/#post38595025

It MAY be water pump. Which I have already (frustratingly) removed and reinstalled. Roughly ~5 years ago...

Anyway, IF there are any hobbyists that are willing to take a look, I would be forever grateful. : ) -EB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.