Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Chicago and it's been unseasonally cold here this winter. The temperature has been hovering in the single digits, teens, and low 20's. (Below average temps for December) The thought of covering the radiator came to mind because I noticed this on a big delivery truck.

Is this a good idea? I think I read that a diesel performs better in warm weather.

If there's a benefit, I'd appreciate your thoughts on how to cover the radiator. I was considering using cardboard.

· Registered
30 Posts
I would be cautious about putting cardboard aganist the rad on these diesel Jeeps. Others who have installed a winter front would be better to offer advice on this. I believe the turbo aftercooler is infront of the rad and don't know how this will react with restricted air flow. If really necessary it may be a wiser choice to install removeable grille inserts or an exterior winter front that goes in front of the grille in order to allow some air flow to pass. It may be cold now but chances are you will be driving one day and come into warm weather which is why it should be easy to remove and reinstalled to meet daily conditions. Just my comments.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.