Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
381 - 400 of 452 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
FYI it was a pretty quick mod to put the Cherokee ebrake lever next to my seat by the door. It was a good mod for me and would solve your cage issue.
I have thought about mounting one in that location. Glad to hear it works there.

·
Premium Member
1994 YJ and a 92 XJ
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #384 ·
Decided I'm gonna go without the tire carrier for a while, I dig the look. Picked up this bumper from Barnes for cheap during the holidays. The stock cross member it bolts to ain't super thick so I got some bumer reinforcements from Rock-hard, welding them on. They were powder coated which made no sense. They were perty but had to sand it off to weld it. All the silver you see is weld primer, I'm a little obsessives with the stuff. Don't know why considering I live in a dry climate.

·
Premium Member
1994 YJ and a 92 XJ
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #386 ·
Went to TDS Jeep Safari run for the first time, had a blast. They got a training ground thats basically a skate park for Jeeps. @jebmoore sorry I shoulda posted this in runs, you're not to far from there. Pretty bad *** except for the 2 million razors running around. First night busted the little lip that holds my ujoint in place on my front pinion yoke and the ujoint cap started walking out. Thank God for JB weld. I think I may have put too much. Gonna have a heel of a time getting that out. :grin2:

Photo dump here https://ibb.co/album/JFqZnP

Video of the Mob

·
Premium Member
8,171 Posts
I ran TDS last year and played around at TruckHaven. I did all the obstacles except the huge buggy notch and the up and over suicide hill lol

My favorite was the tires and the rock garden circle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Decided I'm gonna go without the tire carrier for a while, I dig the look. Picked up this bumper from Barnes for cheap during the holidays. The stock cross member it bolts to ain't super thick so I got some bumer reinforcements from Rock-hard, welding them on. They were powder coated which made no sense. They were perty but had to sand it off to weld it. All the silver you see is weld primer, I'm a little obsessives with the stuff. Don't know why considering I live in a dry climate.

Can you send the link to where you got those bumper reinforcements? Tried finding on the rock-hard site (plus a few others) but wasn't seeing them. Appreciate the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,280 Posts

·
Premium Member
1994 YJ and a 92 XJ
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #391 ·

·
Premium Member
1994 YJ and a 92 XJ
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #392 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm digging the RED jeep build. Researching the CC Fab fenders and armor ~ There are so many cool places making parts for YJ's that I do not even know about. Thanks for sharing the info ~ I can't wait to get back to work where I'll have time to read from the beginning.

·
Premium Member
1994 YJ and a 92 XJ
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #394 ·
I'm digging the RED jeep build. Researching the CC Fab fenders and armor ~ There are so many cool places making parts for YJ's that I do not even know about. Thanks for sharing the info ~ I can't wait to get back to work where I'll have time to read from the beginning.
I forgot to mention i went with 1/8th steel instead of the 3/16 wanting to keep the weight down.

·
Premium Member
1994 YJ and a 92 XJ
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #399 ·
That's going to look great for sure.

Certainly plenty functional as well. I like my flat back, but if I ever came across a good deal on one of those puppies, I don't think I could refuse.

Nice to see ya back in the swing (down) of things
CCFab , gave me a good price too. Just took a while to get it to me.

·
Registered
422 Posts
That's going to look great for sure.

Certainly plenty functional as well. I like my flat back, but if I ever came across a good deal on one of those puppies, I don't think I could refuse.

Nice to see ya back in the swing (down) of things
He likes flat backs and he cannot lie...

Sorry, just heard the original song the other day and it's the first thing that popped into my head. Although from your bumps in YJOTM that statement doesn't seem correct.

381 - 400 of 452 Posts