Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 JK unlimited with Navigation/ bluetooth/ steering wheel controls and XM radio. My wife wants apple car play so I bought her a Pioneer DMH-160BT and I also got a Metra Chrysler wiring harness (WM-CH13-SWC) that seems to connect fine to the stereo? Once I got the stock radio out of the jeep, the main problem(s) that I am having are the antenna for Sirius XM radio and FM radio are nowhere close to being the same as the radio. I have done the research for the antenna adapters and I think I need this one (metra 40-EU10) for the FM radio but I can't seem to find one for Sirius XM that would possibly go into the stereo wiring harness. The XM wire that connects to the new radio is like a round serial cable. Am I missing something?
Electrical wiring Gas Electronic engineering Machine Wire

·
5,827 Posts
That radio is XM ready. What that means is you can make it work with the external XM adapter, which is the SXV-300 tuner.

Did you buy the external XM SXV-300 Tuner? If so, the XM radio/receiver should have the antenna go to that and according to Pioneer, your radio is XM ready and there should be a matching DIN connection specifically for that tuner. I know that when I had a Pioneer AVIC, it had the matching connector. From your picture, the blue pigtail should be that connection.

If you are trying to make the factory XM radio work, it can't because the receiver is built into the factory radio and the antenna is the GPS antenna. On a JK, the GPS antenna doubles as the XM antenna.

If you need a SXV-300, I have one that I will probably never use again and we could work out a deal on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts