Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just picked up this Jeep and one of the two front sway bar mounts is broken. It looks like I could fabricate one, but I would rather get the right thing it just welded on. I'll attach a picture and if anybody can help me that would be great thank you. That's what the mount looks like but I don't know the brand or anything, if someone could point me in the right direction it would be terrific
Wood Stairs Automotive tire Tints and shades Font

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That's some shady home brew stuff right there. Not going to find any brand of replacement for it. All aftermarket swaybars either use threaded adjustable rods and rod ends(small hiems) or longer and/or adjustable , disconnectable with stock style bushings.

Almost looks like a rod end in the top of photo. Does the rod end just slip over the horizontal bar. And the vertical bar is welded to axle?

Post a pic of the ends and any links.

probably wrenchin instead of wheelin

Reactions: superj

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's some shady home brew stuff right there. Not going to find any brand of replacement for it. All aftermarket swaybars either use threaded adjustable rods and rod ends(small hiems) or longer and/or adjustable , disconnectable with stock style bushings.

Almost looks like a rod end in the top of photo. Does the rod end just slip over the horizontal bar. And the vertical bar is welded to axle?

Post a pic of the ends and any links.

probably wrenchin instead of wheelin
It's welded to the bottom of the spring bucket. I can either make another one that looks like it or replace it with something more appropriate.

·
Registered
2003 Wrangler RHD
7,908 Posts

·
Registered
11,547 Posts
It's welded to the bottom of the spring bucket. I can either make another one that looks like it or replace it with something more appropriate.
I would not copy that. Looks bush fix.

most times its easier to just buy the pre cut parts and weld them on
though man 120 bucks. last year i bought two lower control arm mount front to Frame for less for a JK. heck i paid less for sleeves and C kit....Its getting expensive to wheel

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you send me a picture of the correct one installed? And thank you
I would not copy that. Looks bush fix.

most times its easier to just buy the pre cut parts and weld them on
though man 120 bucks. last year i bought two lower control arm mount front to Frame for less for a JK. heck i paid less for sleeves and C kit....Its getting expensive to wheel
I found some for about 80 that would do it.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Can you send me a picture of the correct one installed? And thank you

I found some for about 80 that would do it.
This is basically a stock setup, note the link connections to the axle. Looks like your brackets are gone so probably the easiest route would to locate a used D30 axle from a part-out locally as they tend to be readily available. Just confirm the gear ratio.

Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Rim Suspension

1 - 10 of 10 Posts