Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
10,676 Posts
I've replaced probes as well. Replacements can be had with longer cords! :)

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It's pretty much done as is P* but there is still another mod I need/want to do .

I need to make a collar to make the inserted pot fit a little better .

It will work just fine as it is but I know that I can make it just a bit better with a tweak or two .

I love playing with metal .

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I too share the way this guy thinks .

" After looking at smoker prices, I quickly realized that making one would be the way to go as I am pretty cheap and don't put a dollar amount on my time as I enjoy tinkering around."

For me it is not a dollar amount thingy, it is the fun in the build and the resulting good feeling if it all comes together correctly .

I have yet to mention here to you folks how thick my added midsection is here and it is not the rinky dink thin steamers that are used in most all builds on the web for a mini SMJ and that is why I need to build a small collar or cut a 13" hole out of the 1/4" SS that I have laying around here now to use as a shelf of sorts too solve the problem .

My midsection is 1/10 inch aluminum and is a quite heavy pot .

When I first posted here about my future build I flipped the pot over to see if it had a makers name to tell y'all and expected to see US ARMY on the bottom but it is a no name ?

It is a restaurant grade type pot and the added thickness for heat retention and other things are a very big plus for me .

It will not warp from heat like their's seem to do as they are very thin steamers/metal and mine ain't .

I loves me Cadilliacs (so to speak) . :shhh:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.