Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what they are calling the American Thunder series but the can is an HP2 with a single pipe out the drivers side rear of the Jeep.
I've been driving it for a week now and am REALLY happy with the difference. Perfect sound (quiet) on the freeway and yet loud enough that when I row through the gears it is very rewarding.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
:cool: The sound is SUPREME, I don't know if my FM 10/dually is better or not, but-

I only suggest that-

All joints be welded and no exit under the body-

I love flowmasters-

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:cool: The sound is SUPREME, I don't know if my FM 10/dually is better or not, but-

I only suggest that-

All joints be welded and no exit under the body-

I love flowmasters-

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO
Hey thanks! When you say weld the joints, do you mean to remove the slip collars and weld or weld the collars into place?
And yes, so far I'm really stoked...doesn't always work that way with new parts!

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
:cool: Well, I'm not used to "slip joints", I'm just going on many decades of exhaust system installs and the NEED(carbon monoxide) for all joints to be securely welded/external exit !--

Hey thanks! When you say weld the joints, do you mean to remove the slip collars and weld or weld the collars into place?
And yes, so far I'm really stoked...doesn't always work that way with new parts!
Sometimes you can get away without, but for ultimate security, the weld is BEST and having the exhaust outlet "UNDER BODY", even at the rear is too chancy for low speed travel/crawl (CARBON MONOXIDE) emission entering the cabin--

Of course--with windows open --who cares, but there's always those rainy/winter days, when windows are up and NO FRESH AIR--JUST CARBON MONOXIDE-

Now you can say, "I've never had any trouble with my cars/jeeps", but-

I just like to remove all errors/chances/danger--if possible-

Good luck--that sound is great--checkout "youtube" and listen for the FM series 10-

:tea: JIMBO

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice.. How is it at highway speeds? I had a Dynomax system on my 12 JK the drone was horrible I had to remove the system and put the stock back on.
It is really good on the freeway. Zero drone! I'm not sure the manual transmission makes a difference, but it's a perfect fit for me right now.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I'm always torn on aftermarket exhaust on my Jeep.
I love the sound of a nice throaty V8 on my camaro, but I use my jeep for hunting. Just not sure if I want more exhaust sound when looking for bambi...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.