21K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  banshee06 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $420
Rating 3
Average Price $310.2
Manufacturer Hypertech Inc.
Recommended Yes: 15 / No: 1

The Max Energy Power Programmer extracts every bit of energy possible out of every molecule of fuel giving you more mpg at part throttle and more power at wide open throttle. All this and more... Only from Hypertech!

- Maximum Horsepower & Torque
- Improved Fuel Economy
- Internet Updateable (USB included)
- 50-State Emissions Legal·Easy Plug-And-Play Installation

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $360.99
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Although I didn't notice the power boost with regular fuel I did notice significant improvement in throttle response and smoother shifting. There may be a mileage benefit, but I haven't had it installed long enough to know. I bought the programmer primarly to program my speedometer when I get the larger tires and gears installed.

#4 ·
Price $375
Rating 2
Recommended yes

Comments: First bought the hyperpac through AutoAnything, it was defective and wiped my ecu. Had to tow to the dealer to reflash my computer. Then bought the MaxEnergy from Advance Auto, using the 91 octane tune, slight increase in MPG, nice power increase.

#6 ·
Rating 3
Pros slight power increase above 3,000 on 91 octane
Cons high cost and very few options for a xj
Recommended no

Comments: bought for a 98 xj. it only has changes for red line, top speed, and regular and premium fuel program. i didn't notice much increase in power, and almost none below 3,000rpm.

#7 ·
Price $280
Pros recalibrated everything perfect. Has adjustment for tires,gears, and sport ot normal tune. Also set your shift points to optimize your shift points in an auto based on your mods. Perfect Calibration
Cons none yet
Recommended yes

Comments: Does what it claims to do and does it well. It tyrned my Rubi into running at its max potential with what I got. Couldnt be happier. Easy to do as well. 25 min and your back on the road....

#9 ·
Price $220
Pros Added about 2 mpg and a little top end hp
Cons Not a ton of adjustments you can make.
Recommended yes

Comments: I think that the hypertech max energy is a good product if you can find it for the right price. I was able to find one for $220, so I think it was a good deal. I did see them for $350-400, if it cost that much, it would probably not be worth it.

#10 ·
Price $350
Pros Allows Tuning with 2 settings. Premium and Regular. Also reads and clears codes, allows for adjustments when changing tire size and gear ratio.
Cons none so far
Recommended yes

Comments: Installed this product right after purchasing my 2006 WK with the 4.7L and QDII. Didnt have to much time with the stock settings but with the tune i can already tell the difference between stock and upgraded. Throttle response is much better. Shift points also feel smoother. I have noticed a small difference in sound at idle as well. Would def. recommend for anyone looking to improve power, throttle response, and MPGs.

#11 ·
Price $370
Rating 5
Pros Great new features
Tune works well
Cons Like most competitors, need to plug in to access some new features
Recommended yes

Comments: This review is for the beta version with the new features for the 2007-2010 JK. There are a maze of new options. Not too difficult to navigate once you get used to them.

DTCS: Get right to reading and clearing!

Preferences: A couple of nice options for English/Metric units, and for wrapping menus.

Engine Tuning: Same as before - Stock, Regular, and Premium tunes

Top Speed: Not real exciting, but functional. You can set your top speed to match your tires up to ZR (way faster than the Jeep could do in a free-fall).

Rev Limit: I haven't found a use for this feature.

Thermostat: Just like before.

Idle RPM: Three options: 4LO, Normal, and Winch.
4LO allows you to set the default idle speed when you are crawling. I set mine up a bit to get it closer to the TC stall speed.
Normal is for the default idle. Don't see much reason to mess with that setting.
Winch - if I could give three thumbs up, I would! This works great with the PowerPlant winch, even in compressor mode! Nice to have the Jeep automatically go to 1600 RPM (or whatever you want to set it to) when there's an electrical load on the engine.

Throttle body: The Viper TB is too close to voodoo magic for my tastes, but if you believe in it the tune should help your "limp mode" issues.

Throttle response: This is another really cool feature. You can chose the "Hypertech" suggested defaults or tune to your liking. WAY nicer driving with just a little tweaking. This option could keep me busy for a very long time fine-tuning since there are so many options to choose from.

TPMS: I've been waiting a very long time for this option! Set mine to 10 PSI. I run between 12-15 PSI when on the trail. This should tell me if a popped a bead (wish I had beadlocks, but that's for the future).

Two qwerks with the TPMS setting I discovered:

I had a low tire before I started (TPMS light on). No matter how I set the option, the light would not go out. I put back the factory tune and aired up all of the tires so the light went out. Now it seems to work great. So, be sure you are starting out "clean" before selecting this option. BTW - the lowest setting is 2 PSI. Would be nice to have "Disable" as an option.

Setting the TPMS to a different threshold doesn't give me the "Install Tuning" option. If I select another option it comes up. A bug, maybe?

Tire Size: Same as before.

Axle Ratio: Same as before.

Vehicle Options: Need to plug in the tuner and have the engine running for these to work. Not practical for me to have the tuner in the vehicle at all times, especially when wheeling. The plug gets in the way. It's not a low-profile plug like the Aeroforce gauge (which I prefer to leave plugged in). It looks like the lockers all engage - no option for "front dig". It would be far better if the options could be worked into the existing switches. Maybe that's not possible. I won't be using this option often, if at all.

Overall I'm very pleased with the new features.

#12 ·
Price $350
Pros noticeable power increase, more MPG if you have a light foot
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: if you want the best product, buy the MAX ENERGY, and not the ECON. the ECON in the same tuner but without the "extra" stuff. i.e. speedo calibrator, tranny mod, ect. the econ is a single option tuner that gives you more power and better MPG if you dont floor it

#14 ·
Price $299
Pros I just installed this today I will update as I find out more info.
Cons none yet pricey
Recommended yes

Comments: I am trying this out. Not to sure how to take it so far. It worked to calibrate my tire size. I have a 300 mile trip tomorrow so I will update later in the week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.