Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
788 Posts
I REALLY need a snorkle. I play in the water alot.

· Registered
788 Posts
If you have video proof that you were following the user's manual guidelines for water crossing, and still hydrolocked, you may be able to get it covered, although be ready for a fight. You may need to go through Chrystler's customer assistance line.

I would mention the "trail rated" badge and advertising. Iv gotten radiator fan motors covered after the burnt out when I got them caked with mud. I took it to the dealer with the entire engine bay still solid brown with mud and got it covered.

· Registered
788 Posts
Iv had to change out air filters after getting them soaked in mud. Water never got past the cotton filter media. I would stay far, far away from a non cotton filter, simply for cotton's ability to absorb the water.

· Registered
788 Posts
To answer a few questions the water was probably not deeper than 19 inches, I didn't stop to measure after it happened. A 2wd F-150 went through just before I did and had no issues. As far as the dealer, they are sticking with the "It's not our fault" line. Yes, I did take a trail rated vehicle through a reasonable puddle at a reasonable speed, it is my fault for using an off-road vehicle...forgive me...off-road! I went all the way to the general manager showing the video and even they said it should be covered. But water in the engine, no matter what...is apparently a user error. I called my insurance company and without a blink they said they'd take care of me. They asked me to hold onto the video because it seems like something they would go after Jeep for and get me my deductible back. It's only a $100 out of pocket engine so I can't complain too much. Thank god for insurance. JK owners...buy a snorkel...even for splashes. That is going to be my first purchase as soon as I get her back. Any ideas on the "best" snorkel kit?
The best at the moment is the AEV (IMHO), although you have to cut your hood. If you want to wait, Rugged Ridge is coming out with a snorkel that replaces one of the side pieces above your hood and under your windshield.

What's the damage to your premium?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.