Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
524 Posts
I know everything is bigger in Texas but in North Carolina thats not considered a puddle!

I have been thru crossings that deep before dozens of times with no problem. I guess it's just one of those things! Sorry your engine is toast

· Registered
524 Posts
I to, would like a snorkel. But I also want to retain the stock airbox and filter. I always regretted the day that I stepped from stock to a snorkel on my TJ. I went with Volant because they included an enclosed airbox of their own, I just was never satisfied with the cone filter. I also hated how the darn thing always seemed to be in the way. If I wanted a light bar or a rack, forget it, wouldn't fit anymore. I am trying to come up with my own solution to this problem, but it's tough.
i have the same problem. I have a Kargomaster Congo Rack and run a snorkel would require some presidential modifications.

· Registered
524 Posts
Here's an example of how deep I've been. It was mud, mind you, not water. And my goal was to keep the "wave" of mud out in front of me. I did not race through it. More of a fast crawl, if that makes sense...

And to prove I didn't lock the engine, I've also attached a picture taken about an hour later, with the mud still there.

By the way, I'm not doing it again - took way too long to clean it up.
Looks like you gave your jeep a beard!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.