Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,967 Posts
SO did the OP get it fixed?

· Registered
4,967 Posts
Is that necessary to actually write a article about this? And then to have know it alls post their opinions?

You can clearly see he hit the water too hard, too fast. It's not Jeep's fault. And Jeep advertises 19" for liability reasons. You can ford a lot more of water then that, as long as you don't go to fast.. That article is crap.

· Registered
4,967 Posts
Yea sure it's a Jeep, but geeze.. he hit the water hard. Not everyone has the same luck, and every Jeep is different. I nearly hydrolocked my engine as well, but luckily I managed to get out... my air filter was completely black.. It's not Jeep's fault for hydrolocking. It can happen to anyone, and any kind of vehicle... The article is pointless =|

· Registered
4,967 Posts
I saw this on Jalopnik, and I thought that water looked familiar. I used to live in San Angelo, and used to play out at Twin Buttes all the time.

Should have bought a Bronco. ;)

Looks like the water wasn't as deep when you went through it. Either way, there is no reason your "offroad" Jeep should hydrolock after going through that. That is sad.

Same path:
It's hard to tell, but none of those videos show any of those vehicles plowing through like he did. Sure, they went fast through shallow water. The nose of the Jeep went down, then he continued to plow through the water which was clearly going all over the place because it was deep!

I wish I had a video of my friends lifted Bronco getting stuck, me pulling them out, then me driving through it stock with no issues :rofl:

You can have your ugly bronco with it's wanna-be 4x4 :laugh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.