Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,962 Posts
I must be getting really lucky at times.....sometimes the high tide is so high up on the beach and soo many campers Ive had to cruise through the water at a relatively high speed as to not get sunked into the sand. Water up on the hood and everything. I really need to get a snorkal, think that will be my next project.

Sorry to hear about your new jeep, I would give the dealership a try first....Ive made huge splashes in my sisters tacoma without a hitch, thats one thing I dont like about these jeeps.

· Registered
1,962 Posts
wow, I cant believe you actually swamped the intake with that little run.....Looks like there is hardly any water even splashing near the intake. I have also been through water much faster then that and deeper.

One question... I heard you try to start the jeep afterwards and it sounded like the starter was still able to spin the crank.....With a hydrolocked engine I would assume that the engine would lock up completely...right?

· Registered
1,962 Posts
wonder if something like this would of prevented this

Northridge4x4 Jeep Parts: Air Filters & Intake Systems

Just need a material that will let air through but prevent splashes from soaking the intake. Might not be a bad idea to wrap something like this over the intake opening where the water would most likely splash in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.