Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Howdy from Alberta

220 11
New to here, not new to the Jeep life. Just so I don't have to type it out again, Jeep and it's mods are in profile. I don't think I missed anything except for the Husky floor matts haha.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Before, the day we bought it May 2021.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive side marker light

After... (Aug 2022)

Anyhow, that's me. Just wanted to say "hi".

John
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
98 Jeep TJ Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yah, I got lucky with this one. Alberta vehicle its whole life. So Minimal salt. 90% of the bolts and screws I've had to touch all came out easy and intact. Minus a few on the rear fender flares. Had 149k km, first owned by a woman that ordered it with the 3.73 lsd and 30" tire group and two tops. The 2nd owner was a yoga/life coach lady. And they both had it serviced at the same shop. There was shiny paint underneath still. Minimal rust, no holes. Hardly any dirt on the transfer case skid. I don't think it ever even saw a dirt road lol.

Welcome!

wish I could find a TJ that solid and nice in Canada lol

· Registered
98 Jeep TJ Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only things I had to "fix" were the passenger side axle/u-joint that I was told about when we bought it. Radiator last Oct and the OEM clutch a week ago. Normal wear and tear items that would have been due as far as I'm concerned.

· Registered
98 Jeep TJ Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Over here in Ontario non rusty anything doesn't exist. Great looking jeep.
Thanks. Having lived in Kitchener-Waterloo, Elmira, London, Ottawa and 12 years in Petawawa, I'm all too familiar with the perils of finding a quality rust free vehicle. I think the ONLY rust free vehicles I've ever owned in Ontario were motorcycles hahaha.

John

· Registered
1,565 Posts
Incredible! Rust free anything is rare. Even in Alberta, things rust. One of my service trucks was from Alberta and still needed new box sides after 12yrs.

You did well! Keep it clean :)

· Registered
98 Jeep TJ Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Incredible! Rust free anything is rare. Even in Alberta, things rust. One of my service trucks was from Alberta and still needed new box sides after 12yrs.

You did well! Keep it clean :)
Ouch, yah. Had a couple trucks like that here too.

Thanks, I actually washed it today. Even managed to flush out the frame. Looked like I filled it with chocolate milk with all the grit coming out. Something satisfying about a clean Jeep in the middle of winter.

John

· Administrator
25,479 Posts
Can Someone help me out ????

Can’t pm and my post count is been removed
you just joined a few hours ago and have not posted anything. I'll assume you are a spammer unless you prove otherwise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts